Cradle Cap, etc.

Hi,
My little girl (3 months old) has cradle cap. I know this is super common, but she also has developed red bumpy-welt like spots on her head as well. I assume this is associated with the cradle cap or part of it... but does anyone have any recommendations other than oil, etc... and shampooing for these spots?
thanks!

KellyJC

Asked by KellyJC at 3:23 AM on May. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I know they make a baby shampoo just for cradle cap.
    My son had it real bad too. But I just washed his hair daily, and combed it with a baby brush.
    LoniRae89

Answer by LoniRae89 at 3:26 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I used a shampoo for cradle cap that worked well.. can't remember the name but the bottle was a teal-green color and had Winnie the Pooh characters on it. It was pretty inexpensive. When my son was in the tub I'd gently massage the shampoo onto his scalp with a baby brush. Warning, the shampoo doesn't smell well and will cause yor brush to stink too!

When his hair was dry, I'd massage his scalp and try to loosen all the flakes.

My son never had any of the bumps that you mention. Do they seem to be bothering your daughter? If so, you might not want to massage the scalp too much and ask your doctor or consulting nurse.
    Mandarina23

Answer by Mandarina23 at 11:01 AM on May. 12, 2009

• olive oil and a fine toothed comb. We didn't use any soaps on our baby the first year.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:11 PM on May. 12, 2009

• i've always used baking soda on a tooth brush during bath time
    LBAKER032307

Answer by LBAKER032307 at 6:15 PM on May. 12, 2009