Clever Wedding Gift

We're going to a wedding at the end of June. The two getting married are our age, 18 and 19. And I need clever, cheap gift ideas for them.

I was kind of thinking of putting together a "Newly Wed Care package" or "Gift Box".

Any Ideas of what to put in it?

LoniRae89

Asked by LoniRae89 at 3:24 AM on May. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• We had a friend give us a huge basket that had things like laundry detergent, and house cleaners, tooth picks, dryer sheets....all the little things you need but no one ever really buys!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:16 AM on May. 12, 2009

• A coin to flip...for those tough newly wed decisions. Print off 2 sheets that say "7 reasons why I married you"...if they fill it out now, they have something to refer back to in a couple years when they have a moment where they can't quite remember what they were thinking. =) If you got dirty, you could get handcuffs, lovers' dice, a coupon book, etc. Thats all I have for 2:30 am - good luck!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:37 AM on May. 12, 2009

• i got my friend a medicine cabinet. lol. i put together a basket of neosporine and peroxide band aids things like that. she said it was great because its things that you dont think about until you need them.
    ChloeMom0709

Answer by ChloeMom0709 at 8:34 AM on May. 12, 2009

• You could make them a towel wedding cake, that is what I have made for the past two bridal showers I have gone to in the past month. You need 4 bath towels, 4 hand towels and 4 wash cloths, you can buy them pretty cheap at Walmart or Target. You can find directions online on how to pin them together and roll them etc, Its very easy. I found a bride and groom rubber ducky to put on top of the wedding cake, and added some candles and bath oils etc, I also added a bottle of champagne but you did mention they are under 21 so you could always do sparkling grape juice. I will be honest my cake was a hit at both showers with several people asking me where I bought it... they were surprised to hear I made it myself :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on May. 12, 2009

• My sister got her friend a fondu set in the colors of the wedding colors. She was going to have it ingraved with the brides and grooms names and wedding date but did not have time,
    honeyhanvey

Answer by honeyhanvey at 9:23 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I go to the local card shop and buy a three ringed recipe book with blank pages in it. I then enlist the help of their family and friends by giving them a few blank recipe cards each. I ask them to write down their favorite recipes, listing the source, how old the recipe is etc. It is so cool to have all these great recipes in the individual hand writting of friends and loved ones. I have one and it is something I really treasure. Some of the people who wrote recipes in my book are no longer with us and it is so special to have hand written recipes from those people. Like a part of them is still living.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:41 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I have put together a box of household stuff: nails, hammer, screw drivers, extention cord, pliers, picture hanging stuff, and stuff like that.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:53 PM on May. 12, 2009