Is it only me or is it nearly IMPOSSIBLE to explain the love you have for your child (ren)?

Words cannot explain how much I love and enjoy being my son's mommy. He colors my life in so many ways.

His_Mommy26

Asked by His_Mommy26 at 3:43 AM on May. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• the only way I can explain it. The way Jesus love us. I never understood the depth and all of Christs love for me until I had a child. I love her soooo much. I want to protect her from everything!! LOL
    NewMom716

Answer by NewMom716 at 3:46 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I feel ya! My 7.5mo old son is my heart/soul...the reason I breathe now! I look @ him smile/giggle/laugh/observe/etc & I get choked up sometimes just because I love him so much & he makes me so happy. Unconditional love. I honestly could not imagine living my life w/out my son now that he is a part of it.... If nothing else in my life ever went right I would still die feeling sooo lucky just to have gotten to be blessed w/such a beautiful child that I love more than anything.
    whispers2005

Answer by whispers2005 at 4:09 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I can find a lot of words to describe how much I love my child.
    Trouble is... until someone has experienced that love themselves, they can never understand what it is that I'm feeling beyond until you do, it's beyond your comprehension.
    I like to use the expression that I loved my child before she was born, but when I saw her my heart opened up like a flower, it'd never fully bloomed till I saw her. And the sad part is as much as we love our children, we still don't know the full extent of our love until we lose them or could possibly lose them.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 8:01 AM on May. 12, 2009

• That is the truth! I was 20 weeks when I went into labor with my son that couldn't be stopped.. Although up to that point, I knew I loved him.. I could feel his little flutters and I saw sonogram pictures, and I was just in love.. But When he came out, although not looking like a 7 lb full term baby.. My heart has never been so opened in my entire life. I held him crying and I knew I'd never love anything more than him.. Hold your children very dear, because I know what it's like to lose them, and it's the most painful and traumatic thing that could ever happen to a person.
    PeytonsMom21109

Answer by PeytonsMom21109 at 9:03 AM on May. 12, 2009

• We lost our first child at 29 weeks 6 days gestation. It was and still is the worst pain we have ever felt. So now that our second child made it here with us, the love for the first one and his little brother are intensified by...INFINITY!
    His_Mommy26

Answer by His_Mommy26 at 10:27 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Welcome to the club
    Anonymous