Need help with Finance homework ASAP?

I am preparing a statement of cash flows and I don't quite understand something. It says that I need to calculate the preferred stock dividends and common stock dividends. However, the example shows this to be 10,500 and 50,000 respectively but on the balance sheet it is showed as Preferred stock, $100 par value is 50,000 and Common stock, $1 par value is 100,000. How do they get 10,500 and 50,000 from 50,000 and 100,000? I am pretty sure the par value has something to do with it, but I am not sure what? Please help me!! I have been working on this assignment for 2 days straight!!

Nicollynne

Asked by Nicollynne at 5:15 AM on May. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• No, this is my "Finance" homework....not my "Fiance's" homework (besides, I'm not engaged, I'm married almost 9 years). I am not cheating. I am not asking for the answer. I was asking if maybe I was not looking in the right place...maybe I find the preferred stock dividend in another statement. I was also asking if the par value had anything to do with the amount that needs to be shown on a statement of cash flows. Anyhow, I figured it out. I was looking on the statement of stockholder's equity and not on the income statement. Since stock dividends are part of the stockholder's equity, I was just assuming that was where to find it.
    Nicollynne

Answer by Nicollynne at 4:31 PM on May. 12, 2009

• is this your fiance's homework? Then he should do it. I don't know anything about finance, but I know about "not" cheating.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:27 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Look in an intro to accounting book

Answer by rkoloms at 6:44 AM on May. 12, 2009