If Gay Marriage becomes legal, could this open the door for Triad Marriages?

First came traditional marriage. Then, gay marriage. Now, there's a movement combining both—simultaneously. Abby Ellin visits the next frontier of nuptials: the "triad."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2009-05-07/threesome-marriages/full/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 AM on May. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes. Also any other combination of people. If you can't draw a line then you can't draw a line. I love how gay marriage advocates believe for them it's about civil liberties and rightness, but when it's pointed out that others, say polygamists, will scream the same thing they say say that is totally different. It's not. This is a slippery slope to go down.....

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:00 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Of course.

Why would the truly "socially progressive" among us stop at gay "marriage"?

One is unsophisticated if don't have the tolerance to realize that people "looooove" each other, and that makes it okay, damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 8:02 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I don't have an issue with plural marriage if all parties are legal adults and consenting and can support themselves. Who am I to say what they do in their lives.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:15 AM on May. 12, 2009

• There are too many legal complications with plural marriage that makes it impractical. How do you decide who gets what if you have a divorce. What if one person gets married to another person, does that mean the third person is also married to that person. How do you decide custody of the children if there are two men and you aren't sure who is the father. Yea, way too complicated.
    smalltowngal

Answer by smalltowngal at 8:35 AM on May. 12, 2009

• who cares about what others want to do with their love life, i don't as long as they stay away from me and my family, i don't care. i look at it like this: you have to pay the government to get married right? and to get divorced, right?!? so every time ppl get married/divorced they are boosting the economy...let them run with the ball(<-this is a metaphor)

Gemmi280

Answer by Gemmi280 at 8:38 AM on May. 12, 2009

• No.
    SabbyMommy

Answer by SabbyMommy at 8:42 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I have no issue with plural marriages. But I have read that it would be an absolute legal nightmare. So I don't think it will happen unless they can find a way to get through all the legal obstacles.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 9:12 AM on May. 12, 2009

• What a ridiculous question.
    momtokate

Answer by momtokate at 9:29 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I'm fine with plural marriages. Thousands of people across America are already practicing it; making it illegal didn't make it go away.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:41 AM on May. 12, 2009

• As I feel with Gay Marriage, to each their own. But if tax money and time are wasted on court cases to determine rights in a divorce, etc.... Then I have to (yet again) question the death of common sense.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:51 AM on May. 12, 2009