how much should i pay my babysitter full time 45 hr per week? what is the relative rate in manhattan? thanks

hi,
i just had my baby, and i am looking for a babysitter full time 45 hr per week but i dont have idea how much it cost and what are my responsabilites with her, i will like to know if i pay in general or per hour, i really dont know how it works.
thanks and please help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 AM on May. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think it's the same just about anywhere you go. Between $2.50-$3.00/child/hour.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:14 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I think most daycare centers charge about $55 for a full day and $250-300 per week.
    I pay my private daycare (she only watches my son) $40 for a full day
    So that would be around $4.50-6.00/day
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:19 AM on May. 12, 2009

• It depends on if you are looking for daycare or a nanny. Nannies cost more, and rightfully so. They come into your home, watch your child one on one, and will sometimes do light housekeeping if it's part of their duties. I was a nanny for 13 yrs before becoming a mom, and I got paid both salary and by the hour, depending on the situation. For full time care, I'd go salary. I live in the Midwest and a weekly salary would be $500-600/wk. In Manhattan it would be significantly more. Before starting, go over your expectations with the nanny. If you want light housekeeping, be sure she knows that :) Good luck!
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 8:27 AM on May. 12, 2009

• If it were me, I'd charge about $100 or so for in-home babysitting. Daycares around here run $200-300, so in-home should always be considerably cheaper. I'm getting ready to start babysitting for one of husband's co-workers for $50 a week for about 30 hours a week.

Now, in Manhattan, cost of living is a bit higher. What I would do is call around and check prices with daycares and your price for in-home babysitting should be 50-70% of that.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 9:23 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Manhattan? Yikes, I'd be surprised if you got by for less than $1000 a month. Check out the day care centers and compare prices. We have alot of church day cares here in the south. They usually are very good and cost a bit less.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:48 AM on May. 12, 2009