what does a hearing in court involve?

im going to court tomorrow for a hearing on harressing phone calls. im the one being accused of it ( not guilty btw). is it that serious? will i see the person who is acussing me of it? whats going to happen. it said we would be in a the clerks office.. ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on May. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• i hope that you have physical proof that you are not guilty of the charges. if you dont it is going to be your word against whoever is pressed charges unless he/she brings documentation of such. It should not be that bad. Just remember that the judge and everyone else n the court room are humans just like you. be confident and VERY respectful. dont speak out of turn and do your best to stay calm. Good Luck sweetheart.
    JessieK79

Answer by JessieK79 at 8:22 AM on May. 12, 2009

• If this is the 1st time all they going to have you do is some class and you can not talk to them or be in the same room with them for a year. Yes the one who is taking you to court will be there so yes your going to see them. I had to do that too
    Mz.PhatPhat

Answer by Mz.PhatPhat at 8:22 AM on May. 12, 2009

• BTW, yes, you will most likely see the person that pressed charges...not 100% sure about that. They have to state their case too.
    JessieK79

Answer by JessieK79 at 8:24 AM on May. 12, 2009

• It's the law, you have the right to see your accuser.
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 8:30 AM on May. 12, 2009

• i do have proof. this women has been harressing me for 2 yrs since my pregnancy we both have the same baby daddy.. so i have a lot of text messages saved from her on my phone i cant get those printed though and i have phone records of her calling repeatdly but she basically has the same thing. were both doing the same thing to eachother although she was the first to start it. my baby daddy is coming with me and said he would defend me but im still worried i dont know if i trust him she also has a vouicemail from me. so i heard the worst that could happen to me is have a restraining order against me?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:36 AM on May. 12, 2009