Help with Hubby?

Ok, He believes that I am pregnant, but When I try to keep him updated on the baby's growing progress, He doesn't believe me! The other day I told him that the baby had arms and legs and He told me "you don't know that, no it dosen't!" That kinda hurts.... Any advice to help him actually believe me?

DMEMcDuffie09

Asked by DMEMcDuffie09 at 8:21 AM on May. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Show him pictures in a book or online, and make sure he goes with you to the ultrasound.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Try getting him a book, or bring home a pamphlet from the doctor's office. Even do some searching online to show him the baby's progress.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 8:27 AM on May. 12, 2009

• My husband was never to into it either. then all of a sudden he got super excited about everything he has a book kinda like the ones that i read about the pregnancy and its called rookie dad. My husband loves that book. It wasnt till after he got that from one of the guys at work that he got into any of it.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 8:52 AM on May. 12, 2009

• mine was the same way. he is scared about being a father and all the things that go with that, so when i told him about her growth he ws just like yea ok. So i sat down and talked to him one night and we stayed up almost all night talking. after that he asks me every week what shes doing this week im 31 weeks and he marks in on the calender. i think it just took some getting used to. even though this was a planned pregnancy.
    ChloeMom0709

Answer by ChloeMom0709 at 9:48 AM on May. 12, 2009

• When I was preggers (w/ a planned baby) my hubby seemed "not into it" as far as the growth and things like that. I was pretty sad too. I think in the 1st few months the baby seems more "real" to the mom since you have symptoms and tight clothes,etc. But nothing is real to the daddy yet. The first time my hubby saw the ultra sound, heard the heartbeat or felt a kick with his hand it was like "the lightbulb come." Then he wanted to buy stuff, fix up the baby room, tell me to take it easy or don't do that. I think they don't "see it" till later in the preg. Good Luck, there is nothing like a daddy holding a newborn, he will catch on sooner or later.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Educate him with books, online information, etc.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 10:08 AM on May. 12, 2009

• One book I loved during my first pregnancy....and I just purchased again is Pregnancy Week By Week. It's a spiral bound book that stands up on it's own and have a page for every week, along with pics of what baby looks like, mommy and info on what is happeneing with the baby this week and other info. It's a great book and it sat on our mantle front and center. If he sees this he'll be more receptive!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:18 AM on May. 12, 2009

• enjoy your pregnancy. some men,like my husband was exited when i told him that i was pregnant and just like you said didnt believe that he had arm and legs... they dont get the picture that they are going to be a dad,it scares them , they dont admit it. thats what my husband said.when the baby was born as the time passed by he began to realize what he missed.During my second pregnancy he was so different, he enjoyed it with me. so go ahead and enjoy your pregnancy hell realize it sooner or later.
    laflakita4e

Answer by laflakita4e at 3:54 AM on May. 14, 2009