how bad does the Mirena hurt to get put in?

amy31308

Asked by amy31308 at 8:35 AM on May. 12, 2009 in Health

• It feels like cramping. I would have it done right after your period. Take some ibuprofen right before.
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 8:38 AM on May. 12, 2009

• pinchy but not terrible.
    monkeyberry

Answer by monkeyberry at 9:48 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I didn't think it was that bad. My doctor actually did it when I was on my period (that is what she said hurt the least). I only had it a few months as I was one of the few people who bled all the time while I was on it.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 11:40 AM on May. 12, 2009

• felt like a contraction/ cramp whn they opened my cervix then minor cramping.
    katie_s1

Answer by katie_s1 at 11:42 AM on May. 12, 2009

• A little pinch and a little cramping but OMG the benefits way out weighted the minor discomfort of having it put in. I have endometriosis and went from having HORRIBLE periods complete with cramps that felt like contractions, to barely having to use a pantyliner. I am pregnant now but I will definitely get another one after I have this child.
    paganmom05

Answer by paganmom05 at 12:24 PM on May. 12, 2009

• it wasnt that bad. i didnt even feel a pinch.. there was just some little cramps right after.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 12:32 PM on May. 12, 2009

• A diaphram is painless, hormone free, has no side effects and is completely safe.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:58 PM on May. 12, 2009

• It was uncomfortable and i think i was nervous. so it made it worse. It didn't help that the doc had pinched the side of one of my lips on accident. I felt a pinch and it is weird, I was a little sore for a second but it went a way. I had to get use to my periods they come on alot heavier and i have alot of blood clots that are huge. cramps do get heavy but not all the time. just on occasions. No really bad side effects or anything. just make sure you keep checking for yeast infections and stuff the doc told me to get it cleared up as soon as i think i have one.
    chickaboo_mom

Answer by chickaboo_mom at 12:01 PM on May. 14, 2009

• It was one of the most painful things I have ever endured ... I don't want to scare you I am just being honest .. She couldn't find my cervix , so she couldn't put it in . But when she tried to measure it it was excruciating pain . & who knows how much more it would hurt if we done the whole process ..

Good Luck !!
    pink21406

Answer by pink21406 at 11:27 AM on May. 26, 2009

• i am having the mirena put in, in a few weeks and not sure wht to exspect? do they use they thing that opens your whooo haaa? like a normal check up?
    maegan-jayda

Answer by maegan-jayda at 4:15 PM on Jul. 2, 2011