going to get it for this one

one of my friends husband is in the army.they have a not legal separation.she is living up here and the gov is paying her whole morgage,while her husband is in az playing golf.her hub told mine.she walks around like billy be damned with her kids in every sport imaginable.i could do that to if someone was paying my morgage.my problem is she doesnt want to be with him to begin with.she didnt want him to stay in the army.so she figured she would stay here and get everything paid.i dont get it i hear so many army wives on hear saying that they are living pay check to paycheck.he is going to school in az and playing golf.it just doesnt seem fair.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on May. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• If he is going to school and she is living else where he would be staying in barracks. He would also eat at the galley. There is an allotment that comes out twice a month to cover his food costs at the galley. Other than that they receive a Basic Housing Allowance which would cover her mortgage. Other than that I don't know where she gets the extra money for all the different sports, unless he is giving it to her or she is working. I do know that if they get divorces she is automatically entitled to half of everything, and he will have to pay alimony. Thats just how the military works.
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 8:47 AM on May. 12, 2009

• the government isn't paying her mortgage. The goverment is paying her husband his paycheck, and that's what's paying her mortgage.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 9:10 AM on May. 12, 2009

• And if he's in school, he gets extra pay for being separated from his family.
    Crystal1124

• AHHH jealous women
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Crystal thank you for that comment. And why does it matter to you OP? I say that nicely.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on May. 12, 2009

• And why does it matter to you OP? I agree.
    monkeyberry

Answer by monkeyberry at 9:25 AM on May. 12, 2009

• because if she is leatch bagging off the goverment it is my business.there are so many people out there that arent even getting any kind of paycheck.its not right.she has a big house and lots of stuff,and flaunts it in everyones face.not nice.im not jelous.my husband makes twice as much as hers but we could be making more if were had our morgage paid for free.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Yes, you are jealous. You wish someone would pay for your mortgage!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I agree with the previous posters. When my DH was in the military, the government still gave us a housing allowance while my DH was in school. My DH lived in the barracks and ate in the mess hall.

On military bases, they offer inexpensive activities.  Playing golf on the base golf course is discounted. Many activities on base for children are inexpensive. The military subsidizes these things, otherwise most military personnel couldn't afford them of their limited salary.  It's one of the perks military men get for RISKING THEIR LIVES, and their families get for the ever-present chance of losing their husbands and fathers.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:31 AM on May. 12, 2009

• and this is your business how?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on May. 12, 2009