Does your son still play with stuffed animals?

My son just turned 6 and I think it's the cutest thing...he is into everything, sports, reading, computer games, etc. But still takes out time to play with his stuffed animals. He sleeps with them and everything. I was just wondering how common it is. I see nothing wrong with it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on May. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• my son is 6 and will be 7 in July and he still plays and sleeps with stuffed animals too, I see nothing wrong with it he will grow out of it
    mommyttc

Answer by mommyttc at 9:10 AM on May. 12, 2009

• My son is almost 4 and only has one or two real special stuffed animals - most just sit in his room, but a few he still plays with and brings places. Yesterday he brought his favorite, Gigi the Giraffe, to the skate park.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 9:19 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Its nice to see my son isnt the only one that does this :) my son will be six in September and he still sleeps with his stuffed animals, his special pillow and two special blankets. He carries them out in the morning and takes them to bed with him at night. I hope he grows out of it soon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I have a 7 year old son and a 9 year old son and they both still sleep with stuffed animals.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:22 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Yes. And doll houses, dress up clothes, dolls, wearing my shoes for fun....yep. And I love him for it. Not so much interested in stuffed animals. We intend to encourage his imaginative play and not base it on any set stereotypes of what little boys need to play with.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on May. 12, 2009

• MY 5 YEAR OLD IS INTO EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN....IT IS SO MUCH FUN TO SEE HIM DESIDING IF HE LIKE DIFFERENT THINGS....BUT HE STILL SLEEPS WITH A STUFED DOG. I SEE NOTHING WRONG WITH IT! IT IS NOT LIKE HE IS WALKING AROUND WITH IT!!!
    NIKKIJO4

Answer by NIKKIJO4 at 12:34 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Yes he loves his puppy!
    Shelly922731

Answer by Shelly922731 at 1:49 PM on May. 12, 2009