Do you allow your children....

to have the choice of taking a shower/bath at night or in the morning?? I prefer nightly baths but sometimes when we get home in the evening my son is SO tired that I just let him eat dinner and go straight to bed. He then takes a shower in the morning...he's 6.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on May. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• my son isn't really old enough to choose but i know that i don't always feel like taking a shower at the same time every day so he probably doesn't either. i think it's just important that he gets one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on May. 12, 2009

• No choice for my son here. Evening only for baths because he likes to sit and play (they average 1/2 hour) - we don't have time for that in the morning. As he gets older, he may ask for different options since he knows I shower in the morning. But right now, we're both content with evening baths for him. He's turning 4 next month.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 9:16 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I don't give my daughters a choice (4 and 8 years old). They take a bath every night.
    Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 9:16 AM on May. 12, 2009

• My little ones all take baths at night just because I really don't have the time in the a.m. My 15 year old showers in the morning. For a long time. Like 45 minutes. I wonder what hes doing in there.......

lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 9:17 AM on May. 12, 2009

• For our oldest (4, almost 5) he gets a bath every other day (unless he is extra dirty) but it used to be showers only. We change it up I guess. He will be starting school in the fall so we willl have to see how that pans out.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 9:20 AM on May. 12, 2009

• My son is three, and he doesnt' have a choice, but when he asks for one I rarely say no. It's not at the same time, sometimes its first thing in the morning, sometimes closer to lunch time, somtimes the afternoon, and sometimes at bedtime, that's usually only when he's gotten extra dirty during the day. I take a wet rag and wipe his face, hands, arms and feet (his legs to if he wore shorts) after he brushes his teeth.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 9:22 AM on May. 12, 2009

• My son is 13 and he does whichever he feels like.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:59 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Evening baths/shower for my kids. When our pool is open and we happen to go for a late evening swim then we will skip. If we don't swim but are running late for some reason and need to wait until the next day we do the warm soapy wash cloth on face, hands and feet before bed.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:06 AM on May. 12, 2009

• My 17 year old daughter prefers to take her showers in the morning.
    My 15 year old daughter prefers to take her showers before bed.
    I take a shower in the morning and before bed. One wakes me up and energizes me for the day, the other relaxes me and calms me down for sleep.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:21 AM on May. 12, 2009

• He's at the age where he should be allowed to choose when to take his bath/shower.
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 11:16 AM on May. 12, 2009