Is your teen daughter or son taking drugs?

I am asking because my 19 year old DD is. She is in county jail for stealing to support a heroin addiction. I often feel very alone on CM so have started a group for moms with kids on drugs here. I think many are ashamed of it and fear judgement from other moms. Please if you are experiencing this problem answer anon if you like. It DOES help to talk about it and not feel so alone.

LoriLou75

Asked by LoriLou75 at 9:14 AM on May. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• My 15 year old has dabbled here in there. I am relatively young (31) so I still remember what it looks like. He can't hid much from me there. I'm sorry your life has taken this turn. May God keep his hand on your daughter and guide her to sobriety.

lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 9:22 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Im so sry to hear about what is going on. I hope everything works out for the best and she is able to get back on the right track. Good luck and be strong.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:25 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I send u hugs I have been there with my oldest son he is now 22 and doing alot better His drug problems started when he was about 15 it started out smoking weed went to cocaine and thensmoking crack.I tryed to get him help but when they aren't ready to help themselves it's almost impossible.He has never been charged with drugs but with stupid things he has done on drugs.He had a period where he was in the county jail on an on and off bases I had to finally treat him with tough love and not bail him out they have to become responsible for there own actions.He was way worse than as a mother I ever wanted to admit.He has been doing real well this past year he has a wonderful girlfriend who is the complete opposite as him she is not up with the drug thing.He holds a job and is more responsible for his self he has went from 175 lbs to 230lbs in this past year.I am real proud of him for getting better I hope it stays this way
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 10:04 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Thanks for sharing your story. I only wish more moms here could talk about it without fear of judgement.
    LoriLou75

Answer by LoriLou75 at 10:10 AM on May. 12, 2009