Has anyone ever sent passys to heaven? LOL...We are going to tie the passy to a balloon and send them to the babies in heaven.

So, my 3 yr old who was completely passy free found a passy under the sofa and has found a new liking for it. Im a fourth time mom so I am not as strict as I used to be. I much more compassionate. I am trying to get creative here so that theres less "weeping and gnashing of teeth". I told him we were going to put the passy on a balloon and send them to heaven for the babies up there. Its far fetched but whatever. So has anyone done this and if so, did you replace them with a new toy or blanket or just let him get over it? Did it work?

*no lecture about how its horrible that my 3 yr old sucks a passy. Ive been a mom for 15 yrs, I know the deal. Just creative suggestions.

momofsaee

Asked by momofsaee at 9:35 AM on May. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think it sounds like a great idea, and I may try it with my twins when I get brave enough. Here's a thought - say you send a red balloon with helium and passy, and then mysteriously a red balloon with a small toy finds it's way into your yard. I'd think even a small matchbox car or plastic dinosaur would be great. Good luck & thanks for the clever idea!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:49 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I think that is such a clever idea
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 9:38 AM on May. 12, 2009

• It may work, but if he has no concept of death or heaven that he might not understand and want a new one.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 9:39 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Clever idea, really! Really bad for the environment, but a very cute idea.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on May. 12, 2009

• That's slightly demented, yet oddly adorable.
    SarahColbert

Answer by SarahColbert at 9:47 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I don't think his conceptual mind will care if theres a heaven or not, I just don't want him to want another one. So...thats why I asked if I should replace it with another harmless lovie or toy. The passys gotta go. Its not so much about his teeth for me, but more about his speech. Hes already behind a bit in speech and it makes it harder for him to talk and also less hesitant to talk. He hasnt had one since October and he just found it. I thought we lost them all! arg.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:47 AM on May. 12, 2009

• OMG!!! mama this is the best idea i have ever heard for something like this.. for sure this would be what i would do in our shoes.. im sure it will work just get a good balloon so it goes far.. i would say go to a park that you would normally go to so that if you are there and he wont freak out about seeing it if it tangles in some trees after you leave.. GOOD job to you mama...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 9:48 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Hello?? this isnt about death or heaven or dead babies. This is about getting rid of the passy. Some of you missed that. Just trying to get creative. Why is that bad for the environment?
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:49 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Well you said something about sending them to the babies in heaven...babies in heaven are usually dead. Unless I missed a step somewhere.
    SarahColbert

Answer by SarahColbert at 10:04 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I have never tried it but I think that it's a really great idea.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:10 AM on May. 12, 2009