Doggy door hazard!!!!

On GMA this morning, they were saying, doggy doors are a hazard for parents of small children. The children could fit through them.

Maybe it is just me. But that is just common sence.

Asked by louise2 at 9:38 AM on May. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• yes it is common sense. however a lot of people (parents or not) lack that part of their brain. They report on things like that for the parents who actually wonder "how did my child get out of the house"

LMAO-so funny..
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:42 AM on May. 12, 2009

• LOL, uh yeah!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:41 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I saw that too! Hello duh! LOL
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 9:41 AM on May. 12, 2009

• LOL well i guess common sense isnt that common. I used to crawl out of the dogy door when i was younger. That and it helped when i was locked out of the house after my parents seperated. and i was about 11 then. haha.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:45 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Yea that is common sense. My daughter used to crawl out my parents doggie door all the time, was funny. And my friends daughter uses ours.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:56 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Yep, common sense. I locked myself out once when I was in high school. We had a SMALL doggie door (terrier size) and I fit through then. Anyone with an ounce of common sense knows this.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:03 PM on May. 12, 2009

• My sister has a pond in the back yard and a doggie door. It terrifies me to take my eyes off my babies for a second because of that pond.
    You would think it was common sense but people lack it.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:05 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Well, I thought it was common sense to not use your push mower as a hedge trimmer, but the guy who cut his fingers off because it wasn't posted "Not to be used as to trim hedges" on the mower got a huge settlement. It is a way to initiate a law suite or stave off a law sutie by stating the OBVIOUS!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:14 PM on May. 12, 2009

• My son LOVES to play with the doggie door at my parents house. Luckily the dog is a 4lb Yorkiepoo and even when my son was only a few months old he was too big to fit anything more than a hand through the opening! No stuck heads, or escapes! Though he did push the door so hard one time that it came back and wacked him in the head, lol.
    AMsMommy212

Answer by AMsMommy212 at 1:22 PM on May. 12, 2009