Why is my computer so slow when I first get on like 20 boxes to cancel b4 online?

yahoo messenger box keeps it lagging I think??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on May. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yahoo runs alot, I mean alot of background programs. Take that off your start up programs. You can still use it, just don't have it automatically start.

Then run a program such as ad-aware by lavasoft or spybot. To eliminate any malware or ad programs that can slow your computer down. Also check what add ons are on your computer by going to tools, then internet options, then programs, then manage add ons in your browser. Click disable for any that you do not use.

After that do a full virus scan. Good Luck.
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 11:20 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I wonder if you can turn off yahoo messenger to only come on when you click it on. I don't have it come on when my computer starts up. Sometimes computers run virus scans on start up, so this could also be slowing you down. I do like the virus scan at start up though.

Answer by Bmat at 10:31 AM on May. 12, 2009

• You should also get a virus protection program. I have Webroot AntiVirus and it's amazing.
    You can also go to YIM settings stop it from starting up everytime you turn the computer on.
    As with all other programs.. Hope I helped.
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 10:55 AM on May. 12, 2009