what can you do for really bad back pain and cramps?

i dont know what to do anymore about this pain in in my back....its already bad enough that im 28 weeks prego and cant get settled ........now my back constantly hurts and i have taken tylenol and it doesnt work...can you please

proudmama2be88

Asked by proudmama2be88 at 10:15 AM on May. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Lay on a heating pad, set it to low. Also, I found this GREAT bubble bath at CVS called Batherapy. It's for aches and pains and to help with sleeping. It's AMAZING! I'd recommend trying that as well. It's like $5.00
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:18 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I avoid any pain killers when pregnant including tylenol. And I know it isn't easy sometimes but you have to look for other things to help. You can try to sleep on your left side with a pillow tucked between your knees, or a body pillow. You can even possibly look into a chiropractor who is experienced in working with pregnant women....
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:20 AM on May. 12, 2009

• low heating pad, wrapped, or even better, fill a long sock w/ rice & microwave it. it holds heat longer & isn't as hot. also, prenatal massage is AMAZING! Most insurances will cover it & if not a general one, have your ob write a script for site specific!
    Davidsgirl03

Answer by Davidsgirl03 at 10:22 AM on May. 12, 2009

• You should speak to your doctor too and make sure everything is alright. I had bad back pain through my entire pregnancy cause my very large baby was resting back against my spine and compressing the discs around my siatic (sp?) nerve.

Unfortunitely it still bothers me today.

Heating pads helped also I did a bit of modified yoga and that helped a lot too to stretch out the area.
    TabathaM

Answer by TabathaM at 10:23 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Just be careful, it's not recommended that heating pads or electric blankets are used when pregnant! If your body temp goes up too high for too long it can be harful to the baby!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:24 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I took Motrin when it was too bad, I know you aren't suppoed to take it, but I did anyways, also, as everyone else said, heating pads.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:26 AM on May. 12, 2009

• My mom told me to use tennis balls... use a pillow to prop the up on your back where its hurting then lean against it when there's no one around to massage for you. And when there is, have them roll the ball(s) across your back applying gentle pressure.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 10:26 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I would call your doctor. I was having trouble with this yesterday. The pain started the night before and it just kept getting worse. then i also had cramps that wraped around my side and into my lower abdomen. i took tylonel and i never do that and it didnt help i tryed to drink water and lay on my left side and that didnt do anything either. I went in and they told me that i was having contractions for the past 24 hours. im only 31 wks now and they said that if i would have waited any longer then they would not have been able to stop them and i would have went into labor by thismorning.Call just to be on the safe side. And try sitting in a warm bath. that usualy helps my back pain.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:33 AM on May. 12, 2009