ahhh i dont want to wait to have another baby!!!

my son is only 8 months and i have this strong want to have another baby but i know i cant. im about to start school and a career so i know its not the best timing. How do i get passed the baby fever!!!!

everyone looks so cute around me with their tummys! it sweems liek everywere i go theres prego mommys and their cute tummys!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on May. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• LOL the tummy is not cute!!!! Um, you already have a baby, give him or her a chance to be a baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on May. 12, 2009

• You're supposed to get a puppy or something!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 10:39 AM on May. 12, 2009

• It is natural to feel like this. It is how the species survived LOL! Partly anyway. Just keep your goals in mind and you'll get over it and be stronger for it. Then when the time comes that you are better able to care for more than one child, then you'll be ready. Best wishes to you and good luck in your schooling and career.

Answer by Bmat at 10:39 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Cute tummy's? Kids are hard work. Take it from a mom of 3 now 18 and up. 2 of them in college.
    While kids are wonderful (especially at 8 mo.) there are challenges of every magnatude that come with time. Kids are expensive, boy are they expensive. You just don't have another baby because you like being pregnant. Obviously you are young, please wait and take time to enjoy your little one. You have plenty of time to have more. My first 2 were almost 7 yrs apart and my last was less than 2 yrs apart. I really think having children further apart is much easier and more enjoyable.
    It's time for you to do what you want to do also. When you have more than one it is extremely hard to follow your other dreams.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:44 AM on May. 12, 2009

• My son was about 3 months old when I wanted another lol! He'll be 14 months tomorrow and it still hasn't gone away. And we got a puppy about month ago.. guess what? IT DOESN'T WORK. LOL I would have another one if my hubby said yes. I'm just waiting patiently... lol
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:46 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Yeah, just be patient. It is hard because my DD is 19mon and I want another one, but I know it will be hard to have both demanding lil ones at the same time. Wait til you lil one can be able to things on their own so they can play the big bro or sis role and help you out.
    chela17

Answer by chela17 at 11:04 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I think it's great that you love being a mom! I want another one too, and it seems like everyone around me is pregnant! I think it's even more great that you realize the timing isn't the best. It doesn't look like you were asking to be lectured.. it looks like you were asking how to get past baby fever. So here's my advice: concentrate on being the absolute best mom you can be right now, work on school and career, and in a few years you'll be more than ready for #2! :)
    Mandarina23

Answer by Mandarina23 at 11:09 AM on May. 12, 2009

• op here- i tried the puppy thing, shes cute and everything but not a baby. thank though guys just trying to vent sort of lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Only you (and husband) can decide what the correct spacing of your children should be. As long as you take into consideration important factors like time, finances (if you are starting a career can you afford to put two infants in daycare?), and sanity (two kids in diapers at once = lots of poop!). If everything would work, and you wouldn't regret having another baby then there's nothing wrong with having baby fever...
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 11:17 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I went through what you did when I went back to school. My job was at home with my kids, and they grow up so fast that you feel like you need another one to hold onto those memories. If you really have baby fever, do a little babysitting for friends. After you have two kids in your house that are so close in age, you will be glad that one of them gets to go home. If you don't have any friends with young kids then find some play groups eventually you will get over this. Take it slowly, I have 3 kids and I'm still picking away at school. Take your time, you're young and will have more kids when it is time.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 11:21 AM on May. 12, 2009