Spotting during the first trimester?

for the last two weeks ive been spotting off and on i went to the hospital first time it had happened and several doctor visits after that.I am being told that i am fine but this off and on spotting is really got me nervous. I 've been following doctors orders to take it easy but yet n still i am uncomfortable and afraid something is going to go wrong..

Himeno1222

Asked by Himeno1222 at 10:40 AM on May. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I've spotted both times. I'm 7 weeks out from having my second baby, and my first baby is two and a half. It really freaked me out too, so I know where you're coming from. Try to relax even though it's hard. I guess some women just spot.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:44 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I was spotting like that also and went to the doctors and they just tell you to take it easy for the first 3-4 months because those are the easiest months to have a misscarriage...so I took it easy and didnt do anything because they told me even though the baby was ok at the time they checked me didnt completely rule out a misscarriage later on in pregnacy and the more you do the higher your risk is for one...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I spotted during the first trimester (the dark brown stuff). I was a wreck from being so nervous because it took me 2 years to become pregnant. It's easy to say "don't be nervous, don't worry" but it's totally understandable that you're worried! Just try your best to have faith in what your doctor says, and try as hard as you can to enjoy your pregnancy. :)
    Mandarina23

Answer by Mandarina23 at 11:34 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I spotted during my second pregnancy (it may have happened during my first, also, but I can't remember). Now I'm expecting #3 and I started spotting on Easter Sunday. Lasted about 2 weeks, then stopped. Then just last Saturday I passed a pretty large clot. Totally freaked me out, but I've had 5-6 ultrasounds and everything is fine. They can't tell me why it's happening but the baby is fine. I'll be 13 weeks on Thursday.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 11:57 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I spotted with both of my girls. It lasted for 21 weeks with my youngest. I had 9 ultrasounds and they never could give my a reason why. But it did seem to happen if I was really tired or stressed. So try to stay relaxed and calm - I know its not that easy. Hang in there!
    MomTo2Girls0302

Answer by MomTo2Girls0302 at 1:56 PM on May. 13, 2009