bedrest....

Has anyone been on bedrest? I was told that i need to stay on bedrest for 4 wks! what am i suposed to do? I get so bored. This is my first pregnancy so i cant use i need to take care of the kids and my husband is coming home from work ever couple of hours just to make sure that im still in bed. Is it normal to be put on bedrest after you get a shot to stop contractions?

Shelii

Asked by Shelii at 10:45 AM on May. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yep it's normal. I was on bedrest for the final couple weeks (one week was in the hospital). Yeah it wasn't fun, but at least you're home! My cousin was on bedrest for weeks during 2 of her 3 pregnancies.

Take the bedrest seriously.. it's better for you to make the sacrifice for a short time during your pregnancy, rather than risk something happening to the baby that he/she will have to live with for a lifetime!
    Mandarina23

Answer by Mandarina23 at 11:31 AM on May. 12, 2009

• yes it's normal, just be glad you're not in the hospital
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on May. 12, 2009

• yes its very normal...i went into premature labor at 28 weeks and had to get put on Mag-Sulfate and get 2 shots to develop the babys lungs. I got sent home after a week of being in the hospital and got put on bedrest for the remainder of my pregnancy12 lonnnng weeks!!!!!
    MadisynsMom0114

Answer by MadisynsMom0114 at 10:53 AM on May. 12, 2009

• learn to croshay
    read the Bible
    and hang out on Cafe Mom i wish I had cafe mom when I was on bedrest,lol
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 10:55 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Yes, it's normal. The same thing happend to me when I was 26 weeks with my first pregnancy. I read A LOT!
    Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 10:55 AM on May. 12, 2009

• You don't have to stay in bed for bed rest. You need to stay off your feet. Bring some comfy pillows and a soft blanket and lay on the couch.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 11:18 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I'm on bed rest too... I don't stay in bed, I do take it very easy and I know my limits.... if you are very frustrated with bed rest talk to your doctor about it, they should be able to give you a more accurate list of safe things that you can do.
    Wildkitten82

Answer by Wildkitten82 at 12:24 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I spent 9 weeks on hospital bedrest. During the begining of my pregnancy, I spent a week here and there on bed rest at home. And before I went into the hospital, I was on bed rest at home for about a week.
    darcibeisheim

Answer by darcibeisheim at 1:20 PM on May. 12, 2009

• yes! do you have any family or friends to come over and help you with your kids while your hubby is at work
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 9:11 PM on May. 12, 2009