For all the former Girl Scouts

I am a girl scout leader and was a girl scout as a child. What is your best memory form girl scouts. Silly songs? Camping? I want my girls to experience it fully and have a great time..creating lasting memories.

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 10:51 AM on May. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I liked the singing absurdly loud silly songs while hiking through the woods lol
    collegemom1007

Answer by collegemom1007 at 10:54 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Selling cookies and the songs but the best time we had was when we went camping. I loved when we went camping it was so much fun. :) :)
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 10:55 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Camping and crafting...loved it!!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:58 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Oh the silly songs, the work on badges, the camping, to this day I can take the "cap" off of an acorn and make a whistle out of it with my thumbs. I loved scouting.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:58 AM on May. 12, 2009

• i loved going to the meeting ever week, the camping and learning how to make stuff: butter, cooking, ect. i really loved the girl scouts i have so many wonderful memories!!! if i have a daughter i would love to be one of her leaders.
    acjadams

Answer by acjadams at 11:06 AM on May. 12, 2009

• i got burned lighting the gas stove to make our breakfast at camp. for some reason they made it a 2 girl job...which meant that as i was lighting the stove the other girl turned on the gas...BAD idea haha. after that it was just a one girl job.

i LOVED earning badges & all the learning that went into everything. i was digging thru some old bins yesterday & found my old badge book. i actually found badge work, half-finished, for the fashion badge.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:16 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I hated that my parents made it into a competition...I always had to sell the most cookies, I always had to earn the most badges, I had to win the highest honor (I was in when they still had "First Class Scout"), and I HAD to go all the way through.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:22 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I agree with the first answer, silly songs while hiking!! Also camping trips and canoe trips were always a lot of fun. Volunteer activities have also stayed with me. I remember my troop went to the ASPCA and helped out with an adoption day, that was by far one of my favorite memories.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 11:49 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I was a girl scout when my dad was stationed in Italy. My favorite memory was going on a trip to Rome. We only camped once and really had nowhere to hike. I hated meetings, the activities were the best part.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 11:59 AM on May. 12, 2009