Anyone trying to conceive and frustrated?

Just looking for other moms that are trying to get pregnant and its taking far too long for them too lol. Looking for support and other moms to vent to. Anyone out there?

collegemom1007

Asked by collegemom1007 at 10:52 AM on May. 12, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes, I've been trying for 3 years on my own to become pregnant, Now My doc take me on some pills called "Clomid" to help me become pregnant, Today will be my first day to become pregnant...
    Tslove23

Answer by Tslove23 at 10:56 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I tried for four years before getting pregnant with my son. I got on Metformin to help after three years. We are getting ready to try again. I am hoping since I am on my metformin, it might helps use get pregnant sooner. I have PCOS, so it's a challenge, but I am up to it :).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on May. 12, 2009

• On your own? Like artificial insimination, or what?.....(just curious, you dont have to answer that) but yea i stopped taking birth control over a month and a half ago, and still nada lol getting annoyed at this point
    collegemom1007

Answer by collegemom1007 at 11:00 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I just read this.. and I think you are making yourself look like a fool. A month and a half???? Come on now. I know that may seem like a long time in your mind- but your comparing yourself to people who are wating for 3 years and up. I don't think you should repost this question until you have been trying for a full year and you need medication to help conceive. And what she means by on her own is with out medication ( I assume)
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 11:05 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I took clomid and it did not work for me. It does work for alot of people tho. The doc found out I have low progesterone level, so I was told that before during and after ovulation I was to take progestrone and take a preg. test- if it came up positive to stay on progestrone for the first 3 months of preg. to keep the baby. After 3 yrs. of trying we got preg. one day -when I had almost given up. My son will be a yr. this June. He is very happy and healthy. I think at the end when I was not stressed out about it and just said if it happens ok, if it doesnt then well there is always next month- them I got preg. when stress was lower. Just keep trying and try to make it fun for you and hubby.
    pamom222

Answer by pamom222 at 11:07 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I agree with above poster. We tried for 3 years before using Clomid. It takes awhile for the pill to get out of your system.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Yeah I have to agree, you've only been trying so far for ONE cycle and you are getting frustrated and annoyed. "Far too long" is YEARS not 6 weeks!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:08 AM on May. 12, 2009

• So what if she's only been trying for a month and a half, maybe to her it's long and frustrating, it's not for anyone to judge how she feels that she's not getting pregnant right away. She came here looking for advice not judgement because she hasn't been trying for as long as some other people. Keep trying collegemom 1007, sometimes when you get off the pill or whatever birth control you were taking, it may take up to three months or more for the pill to get out of your system, at least that's what I've been told before. Everyone's different.
    jasey929

Answer by jasey929 at 11:38 AM on May. 12, 2009

• month and half is not long at all. it may seem like it, but it takes longer, months on average. i agree, trying for at least a year makes it too long. its frustrating the first time around, you dont know how you're body will react coming off the pill in relation to conceiving. took me 5 months to conceive. try one of those ovulation tests, might help know when you're about ready.
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 3:41 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Hi, I just wanted to respond to the persons first answer..... Clomid does not make you pregnant, it helps with ovulation and if it works then you have a better chance to become pregnant. Sorry I just read that and it seemed king of funny to me but to answer the OP, yes I too am a little frusterated because husband and I have been ttc baby #2 for 8 months when we found out that I had pcos so that whole time was basically for nothing because I wasnt even ovulating. Now Im on my second month of clomid and the first month it made me ovulated but we just didnt get preggo so Im really counting on this medicine to help us. More then likely its going to happen for all of us but it would be nice to know when lol.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 4:16 PM on May. 12, 2009