Anyone Used Alli?

I need to lose weight & I've only been maintaining w/ diet & exercise. I'm about 75 lbs overweight & I'm desperate. So I'm thinking about using Alli, treatment effects & all!

Has anyone used it & what was your experience? Did it work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on May. 12, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I took Alli, but just like all diet aids you have to eat less and exercise to see any weight loss. Since you said you are doing that already, then this might help. For the most part it gave me a bit of motivation. I felt less guilty when I would eat something a little more fatty than I should because I had that feeling of security that the Alli would help flush it out. Therefore I didn't feel the need to feel sorry for myself and eat the rest of the day. You know that feeling of "well, I've already screwed it up today, might as well go all out". It helped with that. Also, you won't get the greasy runs if you only take it once a day. It is the 2-3 times a day every day that you have to be careful. But it is manageable, just start out once a day to get your body use to it. I did have a little crampy, not painful, feeling for the first week or so as my body adjusted to it, but after that it was fine. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on May. 12, 2009

• i need to know too, im 90lbs overweight. At least that how much i gained after my baby.... ive tried lipozene, and acai berry, ect. i want something to work!
    collegemom1007

Answer by collegemom1007 at 11:27 AM on May. 12, 2009

• only works if you stricktly follow a low fat diet and take it 3 times a day. It is not a majic pill
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:35 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I started taking it a couple of weeks ago and then got off track and so quit taking it since I wasn't eating correctly and exercising as much. But plan on starting it soon. I took it 3 times per day once at each meal and never had any treatment effects. I changed my eating habits by buying foods that are less fat and calories. I found that some meals were hard to get the recommended amounts of fat in that they set for you and some were easy to go over. Also I went for a few walks and otherwise not much else and lost 3 lbs in about a week and a half and then went out on the weekend and gained it back. :( I think that if you can put your mind to it and stick with it that it will work for you. I plan on giving it another shot and hope it helps me get the first 20 lbs. off then it won't be so hard !
    Anonymous

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, and really hard on your body. In order to maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    First, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Next, eat your fruits and veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Now, eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat and dairy. Add beans, lentils, and tofu to your diet. Feel free to ask me any questions. You can also go to your local library and take out any book by Dr. McDougall; there is also a free meal plan with recipes on his website: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html

Answer by rkoloms at 3:23 PM on May. 12, 2009

• rkoloms ~ are you making money from this book? You keep posting the exact same response to most of the diet and fitness questions. If I'm not mistaken that is against CM's guidelines.
    Anonymous

• I DO NOT take any pills to lose weight and I have lost 30 lbs and counting.

Here is what I did....

I got a free account on www.my-calorie-counter.com

I started eating smaller portions. For example, I went and bought "cake" plates...you know the small party cake plates. I eat ever meal on those plates. I never allow my food to touch on the plate but give myself a portion of each item that I cooked for my family...I.E. Meat, pasta and veggie. After each meal I "LOG" my calories on the calorie counter website. I ALSO log every step I take, ever time I bend over to pick up my baby, walking to the mail box, cleaning house, sex, cooking, etc. I have learned the key to losing weight is to burn more calories than I eat each day.

By tracking them, I can manage my calorie intake and activity everyday. Like I said in the beginning, I have lost 30 lbs since February 1st.

I am training my body...So I don't have to rely on pills!!!
    robies22

Answer by robies22 at 2:10 PM on May. 13, 2009