How do I get rid of ants? Any Good Products?

I had my hubby spray outside the window. We bought ant traps. I have a clean kitchen. I think they want water from the sink area. We cant spray inside because of the baby. Any ideas?

pamom222

Asked by pamom222 at 11:20 AM on May. 12, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Terro II (the roman numeral 2), it is a thick liquid that you pour a tiny amounbt onto a little card, then hide it plces the baby and any pets can get too, like behind thestove and fridge, and inside the high cabinets so baby cant reach.. The ants come to it and take it back to their nests. This stuff works better than when I had the orkin guy come .The sprays dont work, and wheat would only work for the ants that eat it. Trust me this terro stuff is fabulous and will take care of it in a few days to a week, permanently, then you can throw the stuff awa. Its cheap and comes in an orange box, ask for it at lowes, walmart, etc...
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:32 AM on May. 12, 2009

• You can put out cream of wheat, because it expands when wet it kills the ants when they eat it, yet it's totally baby safe =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 11:22 AM on May. 12, 2009

• sorry-wanted to add that if you put out any kind of food, as pp suggested, you will make the problem a hundred times worse plus attract more bugs.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:33 AM on May. 12, 2009

• borax laundry soap sprinkle it where the ants are, its all natural so its pretty safe. and sprinkle it outside in your yard and on the carpets and vaccum the carpets and stuff. it works for everything, we used it to get rid of ticks that my dog brought in, now she has frontline and were not worried about it, but ants and earwigs and all that where i am are evil! but the borax works.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I do two things:
    First, I find the most concentrated poision I can, stuff that is supposed to be mixed with tons of water. Then I find where the ants are coming in the house. I use a Q-tip to put undiluted poison around that entrance hole.
    Second, I got some of the ultrasonic pest screamers. We doubted they would work but were having so many invasions that we decided it was worth trying. WOW! They work!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:17 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I used to sprinkle Seven Dust on the outside of my house, all around the foundation, all the way around the house (regardless of what room they are coming in) It reall took care of it. I bought it at Wal Mart in the garden supply area. (not sure if I spelled the name right..might be Sevin But it sounds like the number 7)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Borac Acid. it's in the laundry section. Get the powder kind. Mix it with a little water to make a thick paste and add a lot of sugar to it. Put it on a lid or try and put it in the line where they are crawling, outside. They will smell the sugar, take it back to the nest to feed the rest of them, and they will die.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 3:51 PM on May. 16, 2009