Perm. Marker off walls?

My son decided to get a permanent marker and write on the wall. I caught him before he got it all over the wall. Do any of you know any tricks to get it off. It is a black marker on a white wall and a brown closet door.
also, how do you get it off of sheets and a pillow case..
thank you in advance.

2wndrfl_btrflys

Asked by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:26 AM on May. 12, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Magic eraser for the wall and door! My son colored EVERYWHERE with one! I even had to magic erase a whole bunch of toys. I was lucky in that he didn't get it on any fabric though, so I don't know what to tell you there.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:30 AM on May. 12, 2009

• k -mart discount rack buy a new set of sheets,lol
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:26 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I know about the wall and door. My son did the same and I used the Magic Eraser. IT WORKS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    kalioop

Answer by kalioop at 11:27 AM on May. 12, 2009

• yea the mr clean magic eraser is great it works so well for crayons i dont even care if they draw on the walls!!!
    nursinghannah

Answer by nursinghannah at 11:28 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Magic eraser should take it off of the wall. I am not sure about the sheets that would be nearly impossible to get out.
    RhondaJ

Answer by RhondaJ at 11:29 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Hairspray works well with permanent marker on the walls, had to use it myself a few times
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:49 AM on May. 12, 2009

• finger nail polish remover.
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 1:08 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Magic Eraser works well with flat painted walls. If you have gloss then it can dull the paint. Same with Closet doors. It will take the marker off, but be prepared for dull spots if you have glossy paint. Can't help you with the sheets.
    Anonymous

• That magic eraser is awesome. I am using it to clean walls instead of repainting. Thats how much time its going to save me. All the marker is coming off as well as pencil. As for the sheets....throw them out and start over.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 2:43 PM on May. 12, 2009

• this sucks because I just bought him Thomas the Tank Engine sheets two weeks ago. UGH!!!
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 3:20 PM on May. 12, 2009