Why is it that every time you go into a gym to workout there's never a plus size person there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on May. 12, 2009 in Health

• HAHAHAHA! I know, it's always the tiny little college co-eds that go there right?
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:28 AM on May. 12, 2009

• for real!, thats why i never went..... and am so overweight lol, no judgement zone my ASS!
    collegemom1007

Answer by collegemom1007 at 11:30 AM on May. 12, 2009

• HAHA I feel the same way, but you know what, sometimes we see ourselves differently then others do. Be happy and PROUD that you are accually going in there. (if its you that your talking about being plus size that is) Be glad that you are going, I'm not a "tiny little college girl" and I am SOOOO proud of myself when I walk outta the gym...
    kalioop

Answer by kalioop at 11:31 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Because they have been going to the gym!!!! Maybe a lot of those girls weren't always little...maybe they were bigger and because they have been dedicated to working out they have lost some of their weight.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 11:36 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Come to my gym--I am overweight & am there trying to change that situation! Of course, I belong to a YMCA, not an adults only gym so there are plenty of Moms who are trying to drop the baby weight (and a lot of Dads doing the same thing). Sure, there are the tiny little things running around in Spandex crop tops but they are paying the same price I am so I guess they have the right to work out as well, lol.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 11:37 AM on May. 12, 2009

• not true, i have gone and seen every shape and size there. maybe at some gyms. never sw a plus size person at bally's but i have seen a lot of plus size women at planet fitness.
    katie_s1

Answer by katie_s1 at 11:37 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Because some of us pick the unpopular times to go to the gym when no one else is there! When we lived in an apartment I used the gym when no one else did. If people started coming I changed the time I worked out! Lol!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 11:44 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Must be the kind of gym you go to. I go to the YMCA and see people from all walks of life there. I see super obese people walking on the treadmill or doing water aerobics, I see the fanatics who spend all day there, old people, pregnant women, etc.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:47 AM on May. 12, 2009

• i think its because they go to the gym on a regualr basis and usally the smaller you are alot peopel tend to be enev more insecure just my thought
    dianna1121

Answer by dianna1121 at 12:03 PM on May. 12, 2009

• You're just going to the wrong gym I guess. I love the gym we have here on base (yay, the joys of being a military dependent). Not only is it free (whoo hoo!) but there's usually at least one other plus sized person there. Usually because they're on the "fat boy/girl program" but at least I'm not the only one who isn't super fit.
    paganmom05

Answer by paganmom05 at 12:21 PM on May. 12, 2009