im having a heard time breathing!!!!

after i ran for liek 4 minutes on the tredmil i couldnt breath, i had to stop cuz it hurt so bad to breath. is this because i am out of shape or do i have a proplem?

masonsmommy921

Asked by masonsmommy921 at 11:38 AM on May. 12, 2009 in Health

• maybe you have asthma try Manuka honey for allergies!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:40 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I think if I tried to run my lungs would explode. Try walking first, and then gradually bring your speed up to running ( I mean after like a couple weeks)
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:48 AM on May. 12, 2009

• It takes a while to get your breathing regulated with running. Inhale for 5 steps, exhale for 5..That's what they taught us in boot camp. If you feel a cramping in your side, exhale so you can blow out the carbon dioxide that has built up.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:50 AM on May. 12, 2009

• i know personally if i haven't ran in a while i do the same thing! start slow
    dianna1121

Answer by dianna1121 at 11:57 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Could be either. It depends onhow out of shape you are and how fast you went/how quick. Sometimes you need to work gradually into it. It's possible there is something wrong with your lungs too. I'm probaly just a worrier there since my aunt just passed away and lung problems where her first noticable symptom.

Take abreak and try again. Start slow and work your way up. See hwo that goes. If it's still troubling, see your doctor.
    Anonymous

• Also, have your iron checked. Low iron (anemia) can cause shortness of breath.
    boomom1973

Answer by boomom1973 at 2:57 PM on May. 12, 2009

• This is a bad year for asthma (at least, in chicago). Try eliminating dairy; you may also need to see a doctor for a rescue inhaler.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:12 PM on May. 12, 2009