In todays times what are you still willing to spend money on?

I have a friend thats business is doing very poor and she is lookin gto open a shop, but needs to know what type of business will do well? Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

dianna1121

Asked by dianna1121 at 11:51 AM on May. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• anything that has to do with healthcare. my family owns a printing company that supplies forms/stationary/business cards, among various other items, to healthcare facilities and we have not slowed down one bit...i count my blessings for that every day!!!
    JessieK79

Answer by JessieK79 at 11:57 AM on May. 12, 2009

• Out to eat, gifts for people, candles, house decoration, movie rental, tanning beds, Seems like there are enough of these places everywhere..she would have to find somthing unique to offer. I heard consignment shops are doing great. Maybe a sell it on ebay store??? IDK just a few ideas. People are still going to buy clothes. I like children's boutiques with bows and stuff you can't find anywhere else. Dresses that are cheaper than David's Bridal and sqeaky toddler shoes are what we use our boutique for and they have consignment in the back with really nice clothes. they also carry cute socks and bows for the local teams sports so all the little girls go to high school footall all decked out!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:59 AM on May. 12, 2009

• groceries and clothes...My husband and I don't have healthcare, but thank goodness my kids have DSHS coupons. They come first in everything!!
    Kimx3babies

Answer by Kimx3babies at 11:59 AM on May. 12, 2009

• I think it depends on what YOU are looking to do. I have 3 home businesses (1 I work full time and the other 2 are more like hobbies) but I earn on all 3... One is HealthCare, One is Tea and Goodies, and One just offers Free Stuff to people... If you want a storefront where people will come in a shop then you should look in to a PRODUCT and not a service. I would say food, or clothes would be best for that kind of thing right now...

Also, if you want to open a walk in type store why not open a co-op. We have one in town here that does rather well... The lady that owns it charges $15/month for each small business that joins. They come in and display their wares (candles, crafts, teas, purses, whatever) and then she gets 2% of the sales that come from the co-op... The last time I was in there she had about 25 little booths all set up with stuff... She also sold coffie and cookies. $15 X 25 = $375 gaurenteed income. Plus..

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:16 PM on May. 12, 2009