Would you ever purposefully choose to concieve and birth multiple babies? Why or why not?

In today's modern society, it is easier than ever to concieve, even for women who in years long gone, would never have been able to. Many fertility treatments can cause multiple births, and twins, triplets, and higher multiples are far more common than 100 years ago. (Triplets and Quads are up some 400%). In some cases of fertility treatments, multiple births are alost certain and impossible to predict or restrict, although some women choose to selectively abort.

So, would you as a woman, mom, or mom-to-be, ever willingly, purposefully, CHOOSE to have multiples? Why or why not? (This does not include the natural, accidental process of sex to concieve in which more than one egg is fertilised or an egg splits)

http://www.cafemom.com/quizzes/poll_view.php?id=41925&posted=1

Jinxiewolf

Asked by Jinxiewolf at 11:53 AM on May. 12, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I dont think that i would choose to have multiples. im wondering how im going to be able to handle just this one that ihave on the way
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:01 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I have always wanted to have twins since I was a little girl. Twin boys, preferably. haha. I think it is all the more special. I mean, having a baby AT ALL is a miracle all its own, but having 2- WOW! I know that'd it'd be harder and more painful, but I think it'd be more than worth it. :)
    Anonymous

• I think i could be fun to have twins, not so sure about triplets or more but i wouldnt TRY to have them , if it happend it happend but wouldnt try for it.
    masonsmommy921

Answer by masonsmommy921 at 12:03 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I personally would not choose to have multiples because I know my mental, emotional and financial limits. If nature insisted I adjust then, of course, I would but I would not choose to have multiples. It would put an unecessary strain on my family. I don't think it's wrong for someone to make the decision to have multiples but I think there are people in this world that have abused a gift that science has provided us.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 12:03 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Considering that I have one who is 13, and I am not getting any younger, I would have to. Just so I can have all that I would want at once and not prolong it. LOL. J/K I probably wouldn't choose to on purpose. But, if it happened, I would be happy and wouldn't abort any.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:04 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I have twins (the natural) and it is something I would never choose. Although they are special I'd rather have one at a time.
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 12:07 PM on May. 12, 2009

• NO NO NOmore than one infant at a time i could not do! when do you sleep, eat , or take a break. I knew someone who was prego with quads and lost one and 3 lived. can you imagine 3 car seat 3 cribs 3 all hungry you could do anything with just you and 3 someone would have to come to do anything. NO NO No not for me
    dianna1121

Answer by dianna1121 at 12:24 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Right now Im having to take Clomid (fertility drug) in order to concieve cause I have pcos. Clomid raises your risk or twins by up to 10% but its a risk Im willing to take cause its either the chance of twins or no babys at all. If I had to choose I would of course just have one baby but it doesnt always work out like that so you just have to be thankful for what happens.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 1:12 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I might elect to have twins, but no more than that and certainly not on top of the 4 I have now. That would be insane. I think a lot of celebrities are electing to have twins. SO many of them have had them recently. Just perfect, one boy and one girl.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 2:38 PM on May. 12, 2009

• if i had needed assistance to get pregnant and ended up with multiples i would carry them all as terminating any of the babies would not be an option to me
    Anonymous