baby blues

when do the baby blues start and when do they go away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on May. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I got my baby blues about 1 week or so after my son was born...i was very lucky though, it wasn't to bad and i just felt down, frumpy, and lethargic. i felt this way for maybe 2 or 3 weeks?? like i said...i was lucky! :)
    mattsbugbug

Answer by mattsbugbug at 12:03 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Mine started right around 5 or 6 days after i had my son. It was interesting! LOL! It stopped after about a week or two though.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 12:07 PM on May. 12, 2009

• my baby will be a wk old 2morrow and lst night i just started crying for no reason and i dont have much of an appetite and i dont feel like takin a shower or getting dressed i feel really lonely and i shuould be feeling happy. i couldnt wait for my baby to be here.
    Anonymous

• If possible try to be with someone or at least talk to someone on the phone even though you feel like you want to be left alone. I didn't talk to anyone much and my DH was working to jobs so I felt even more lonely. My DD is going to be 19m.o and I feel like I still am dealing with it. The more you are distracted the more I feel like you will keep your mind off of it.
    chela17

Answer by chela17 at 12:12 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I had a touch of it right after we got home with her, then I ended up getting infection in my incision and my mom stayed with us to help take care of both of us and I felt totally helpless, I felt like I needed to be taking care of her not my mom, and so I cried a lot and when I went in for our 2 wk check up the dr. asked me if I needed something and I thought I would be ok and I snapped out of it, thank god without meds. But don't be afraid to talk to your dr. about getting on some anti-depressant meds, lots of moms need a little boost to get over those baby blues! Good luck and enjoy ur little one!
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 12:46 PM on May. 12, 2009