Meals at 10 months

My son is now 10 months and he wants nothing to do with baby food, so he has been eating table food for about a month now. I'm just wondering if anyone has any good meal idea for the little guy, I feel like i'm always giving him the same food! Any ideas are welcome! Thanks! =]

Amanda704

Asked by Amanda704 at 11:59 AM on May. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I feed my son everything we are eating. (he'll be 10 month in a couple of days)
    If he can mash it he can eat it. Last night it was tacos, the night before roasted chicken and potatoes.
    So whatever you have to eat today give him that!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:03 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I agree anything you eat. My Dr told me it's just about size and texture. Small enough so they don't choke on it and soft enought for them to chew it. Whatever you give him just make sure to steam vegetables and and smash it into what he eats so you don't feel bad that you are giving him the same thing all the time.
    chela17

Answer by chela17 at 12:09 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Same things you eat. My daughter skipped all jared foods and went almost straight into table food. (I did blend them for a couple weeks but she didn't need it). Steamed veggies, strips of meat, strips of toast, brown rice, pasta, etc.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 2:26 PM on May. 12, 2009

• if you have ever tasted jarred baby food, you will understand...
    Solids given to babies before they turn one are for the experience of eating, not for nutrition. That said, offering a variety of vegetables, fruits and beans will help you not raise a picky eater. avocado, cooked beans, baked sweet potato, mashed peas, etc. are great to give your baby. Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron is a wonderful book on feeding babies, toddlers and their families; you should be able to find it at your local library; more information at www.superbabyfood.com

Answer by rkoloms at 3:04 PM on May. 12, 2009