What does it say about the school system when "4 of every 10 members have chosen private schools for their children" ?

Look below for the breakdown of the study:

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx4pN-aiofw

Watch this video. Maybe we should take the European's way of doing things. Seems to be working over there...

Oh and to answer the question- I think most of our government officials use private school for security reasons, but I could be wrong. It would be really sad if our own government doesn't have faith in our public school system.
    4angelsformommy

Answer by 4angelsformommy at 5:26 PM on May. 12, 2009

• http://www.heritage.org/Press/FactSheet/images/fs0015_chart.jpg

Anonymous

• And don't forget that our tax dollars are making possible for politicians to send their children to the best private schools.
    Anonymous

• I would have thought it would be higher than that. Thats only 40%. If I made as much money as a congressman, my children would never have darkened the doors of a public school. IN fact, we are going back to christian school next year for our oldest and homeschooling the younger 3.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 12:10 PM on May. 12, 2009

• They SUCK!!!
    Mommy3b1g

Answer by Mommy3b1g at 12:11 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I'm not sure if I got it right but if you look at the graphic comparing republicans with democrats. The number of republicans sending their children to private schools is larger than the democrats. Interesting!
    Anonymous

• Public schools suck!

My child goes to a private school (Parochial).
    Anonymous

• Probably because they can actually afford it.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 12:24 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Umm , well, I doubt it is because they enjoy paying for private education as well as school taxes.
    Guess that leaves..... They feel public school is inadequite!
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:25 PM on May. 12, 2009

• The breakdown sounds about right. I don't really care what it says about anyone in Congress. If I were in Congress I'd probably want my kid/s in a private, just due to the fact that you get a bit more anonymity there. Say you were a "controbersial" politician, and maybe you weren't liked very much, your children would prob get more security at a private school than public. What's the big deal, anyways?
    Anonymous