Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I call the police?

So I have a neighbor that has a 19 year old son that is home all day. All day he blares the base on his stereo of his car to the point that it shakes the pictures off of my wall. It also bothers my kids (3 and 2) when they are napping. He also speeds up our cul-de-sac so fast that he is an accident waiting to happen. There are dozens of kids on this street that ride their bikes on the sidewalks that I am just waiting for him to lose control of his car and hit some of the kids. He has lost control of his car before, I witnessed it myself. He is lucky that there were not any kids on the sidewalk that day. His friends urinate in the front yard. It has gotten out of hand. Is there anything that I can do?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

Answers (25)
  • Yes, call in a complaint.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on May. 12, 2009

  • Yea, call the police for disturbance of peace and trespassing.


    Answer by legalmommy101 at 12:32 PM on May. 12, 2009

  • Yes you can very well file a complaint against your neighbor. I would just call your local police department tell them what you said here and ask what you can do. They will be glad to help you.

    Answer by BEXi at 12:33 PM on May. 12, 2009

  • I'd certainly make out a report.This way if his behavior escalates,they have a reference to past behavior.

    Answer by TMJ121099 at 12:33 PM on May. 12, 2009

  • i would contact the police when he blares the radio..

    Answer by mrssundin at 12:34 PM on May. 12, 2009

  • Ummm, Hell Ya!!! Like you said, he's an accident waiting to happen. Don't wait until someone gets seriously hurt or God forbid, dies, before you do something.
    Are you friends with his parents, have you tried talking to them? Maybe they are not aware of what their kid is doing while at home unsupervised. I would definitely call the cops if talking with the parents doesn't solve the problem, get more neighbours involved with this as well.

    Answer by meetzycat at 12:35 PM on May. 12, 2009

  • Yes, call the police. He is 19, not a child anymore, and not legally subject to his parent's control. He can (and probably has) told them to go f*ck themselves if they tried to get him to stop this behavior.

    Answer by pagan_mama at 12:46 PM on May. 12, 2009

  • Yes. I would call.

    Answer by Momtocccd at 12:46 PM on May. 12, 2009

  • In our city the noise ordinance is only in effect between the time 10pm and 6am. SO the cops may not be able to do anything about the noise. They can however speak to him and his parents about the reckless driving. Maybe if the cops ask him to keep down the noise he will do it.
    I would start blasting your old lady music right next to his bedroom window at Not that you are an old lady but you are older then him and you have kids so he probably thinks you are old. lol
    I would also start documenting in a notebook every time he is playing his music too loud and when you see him driving recklessly, then you will have proof.

    Answer by Nathskitten at 12:57 PM on May. 12, 2009

  • Take pictures of his friends urinating in your yard and make flyers saying "HAVE YOU SEEN ME?" and post them all around the neighborhood.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on May. 12, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.