stop breastfeeding

hello, i want to stop breastfeeding my baby but i would like to know how can i do...i do not want to get any bumps or lumps...any advice? some medication?
thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I can't help much but I know there is not any medication. The meds they used to prescribe to help women "dry up" was causing heart attacks and other problems like that.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 12:36 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Drop one feeding per week until done. Easiest on mom and baby.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:38 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Just stop. or slowly wean. no matter what you do, it will take a week or two...or longer. And if you stop cold turkey, you will get engorged. ... Decongestants are supposed to dry you up, but really only a little. WHATEVER YOU DO.. do NOT wrap your chest. Somone told me to to that after I had to stop bf my second after 8mo... I ended up with mastitis.... I had three golfball sized lumps in my right breast and one in my left... sooooo painful.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 12:41 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Drop on feed for a week. Move to ever other feed. Then ever thrid until you are done. It'll allow you to dry up w/o the clogged ducts, and less engorgement. Use cold compresses to help
    Anonymous

• Just slowly wean. Start with dropping one feeding at a time. And be gradual with it, don't go cold turkey. That will be painful for you and for the baby.
    HUmama

Answer by HUmama at 12:48 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Dropping one feeding a day per week is the easist on mom and baby.
    Anonymous

• U can use cold cabbage leaves. Break the veins and place in ur bra for a couple days.
    Anonymous

• The World Health Organization (much less influenced by the formula industry than American doctors) recommends breastfeeding for a minimum of 24 months. It would be best if you pump and give your baby a sippy cup with breast milk. After baby turns one, you can start giving a sippy of water.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:46 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Rkoloms...that wasn't her question. Its up to her how to raise her child. Stop trying to make people feel like they are doing wrong. U or anyone else doesn't know her situation.
    Anonymous