Why do people pig out when they are mad or sad?

When im mad or sad i lose my apetite i love food so much i want to be happy when im eating it but most people i now pig out istead why? lol just wondering

chukuku

Asked by chukuku at 12:43 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Because some foods actually release happy hormones to your brain, so you want to eat it.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 12:44 PM on May. 12, 2009

• its comfort food I do it a lot sad but true

Anonymous

• For some people, like me, it's an eating disorder called "binge eating disorder". Some people take it as far as to eat everything in sight to "swallow" the bad feelings, and then puke it back up. That's bulimia, but I've never gone that far.

But most people have an emotional connection with food. It's like chocolate, it makes you feel good. Or like coffee and soda, they give you an energy rush that makes you feel good, even if you crash later. Your body is just wired differently to not get that same endorphin rush that others get when eating. Consider yourself lucky =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:46 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Well I could ask the same question about why people lose their appetite. And yes, there are foods that release hormones that make a person feel happier, that's why most people eat when they feel bad.

Anonymous

• Some people eat when they're bored, too.
    Anonymous

• Our mothers gave us food as a 'reward' (if you clean your room you get a cookie!) when we were children so we are conditioned to associate junkie food with making something we dislike better or worth while.
    Anonymous

• Because food can be like a drug, releasing endorphins in your body. Emotional eating can become quite a problem.
    Anonymous

• STRESSED= DESSERTS, you see????......lol.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 1:02 PM on May. 12, 2009

• It's called emotional eating. We all do it occasionally, and that is normal and ok. It's when you do it all the time that it becomes a problem...more like an addiction.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 1:03 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I do. Haha and i'm proud of it :)
    kframpton

Answer by kframpton at 1:04 PM on May. 12, 2009