She's 10 1/2 months, and she wants eggs.

I offered her baby food and cereal and she kept crying. my son then put a little bit of his egg on her plate and she gladly ate it. Is it ok to give her some? She loved it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hi!! So this is just my advice, I have a 2 1/2 year old and a 1year old. Both of my children also loved eggs and they both ate them at 9 months. My children are happy and healthy and the joy of ym life. I was told at a parenting class that as long as they are completly cooked and you you saw no allergic reaction after they ate it then they would be fine to have some. They didnt reccomend giving it to them everyday but every one in a while they said is not going to kill them. I hope that was helpful!!! Good luck with everything!
    victoria214

Answer by victoria214 at 1:09 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I gave my kids eggs at eight months. I never heard you shouldn't until way after I was already giving it. If she did fine with it then I would just keep an eye on her while and after she is eating them.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:11 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Let her try some.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 1:12 PM on May. 12, 2009

• mine started them around 9 months. i just did them scrambled b/c they are easier to eat that way. as long as she has already had them and you didn't notice a weird reaction she should be fine.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:17 PM on May. 12, 2009

• my Son ate them at 5months and he's 2 now. HE ALIVe. go ahead and give it to her unless she has a reaction. my dd is 6months havnt gave it to her yet .but going to soon
    Mamaof2010

Answer by Mamaof2010 at 1:22 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I was just recently reading that there is no reason not to give your kids eggs at that age, assuming they have not had any bad reactions to their shots or have other serious food allergies. THis is different from when my daughter was a baby and she is just about to turn 3 so information changes so often. When she was a baby it was ok to give yolk but not the white, but like I said I was just reading(probably in a Baby Talk magazine) that they are saying eggs are ok unlike previously thought.
    Anonymous

• I would. Most people vaccinate and it contains egg by products. With anything just watch for reaction. Milk is a very common allergy and most people formula feed. So I just think these restrictions are overcautious.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 2:20 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Egg yolk is fine now, in fact it is full of good fats for babies growing brains; egg white is an allergy trigger and should not be given before baby turn 1.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:35 PM on May. 12, 2009

• "They" say to wait until a year for the egg white,but that you can give your child egg yolk before that. We don't have any history of food allergies and such so I went ahead and gave my son the whole egg starting at around 9 months. Ultimatley it's up to you. If you don't really have any history of allergies I'd go ahead. Just watch for a reaction. There's nothing magic about age one for egg, milk etc. 1 is a good age to go by, but as the parent, you know you're kid better than any one else.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 2:59 PM on May. 12, 2009

• i say scrambbe it up and give it to her...i ate eggs at 6mo old and i'm still alive my ds is 6.5 mo old and loves them!!!
    LBAKER032307

Answer by LBAKER032307 at 6:07 PM on May. 12, 2009