When is right to start a baby on whole grain rice?

im not talking about cereal lol.. im asking this cuz when my oldest was baby the doctor told us it was right to feed him rice even if he aint got any tooth by that time cuz the gum is as hard as if there was tooth there..he was a baby but now i dont remember by what month.. :( help me..would like to do some rice with formula to my little one! they love that :]]

kiUmY

Asked by kiUmY at 1:02 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I've never heard of giving a baby rice. Could you maybe call your doctor and speak to the nurse.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 1:05 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Probably about the same time that rice cereal is permitted. I have also heard that they can gum food. The only thing I would wonder about with whole grain rice is that it is rich in fiber, which may well not be a problem.

Answer by Bmat at 1:16 PM on May. 12, 2009

• They do gum food. I have a pic of my 9 month old guming a rib. She's almost always been on table food. What do you think people did before Gerber? Whole grain rice is always much better than white. Cereals are very over processed and aren't that healthy. Fiber is a good thing. No fiber leads to constipation.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 2:22 PM on May. 12, 2009

• We started with puffed brown rice at around 9 months. I also used to put spinach, chickpeas and brown rice in the blender with a teeny bit of curry powder.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:32 PM on May. 12, 2009