1 yr old wont keep diaper on at night or naptime!!!

I watch my niece during the afternonns and she will not keep her diaper on! Her mom said she wont keep it on at night either! Any suggestions? We have put tape around it for extra hold and she ended up picking at the actual diaper part and shredded it off her! She is now wearing her zip up PJ's backwards but she is a magician and has gotten out of those to! PLEASE ANY HELP ILL TAKE! Im sick of wahing the bedding 2 times a day! I have a 3yr old and a 1yr old myself, so washing all that is hard to fit in the schedule!

victoria214

Asked by victoria214 at 1:03 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Since you all have tried duct tape and backwards P.J's. I say either you potty train her or spank her, that is all I know to do.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:06 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I would buy a cloth diaper cover. Something like a Fuzzi Bunz just to go over her normal diaper. It shouldn't get dirty with a disposable underneath so there would not be any constant washing. FB's have snaps that are hard for kids to get undone.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:07 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Maybe you could dress her in multiple light layers? Like, diaper, diaper cover, onesie, then whatever she is wearing? That'd give you more time to stop her when she attempts to undress and take her diaper off. I wouldn't spank though. She doesn't know any better. Maybe she is ready to be potty trained? Talk to her mom about starting potty training.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 2:25 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Can she unsnap onesies?
    jkt747

Answer by jkt747 at 5:50 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I have tried anything and everything. my son would alwys strip out of his. we finally jsut had to put him in pull ups. they are a little more expensive but no more stripping. We use HUggies pulls. they work really great and hold a ton of liquid. I have never had a leaking problem with them
    turtle07

Answer by turtle07 at 9:29 PM on Jun. 5, 2009