Anyone ever had trouble with young school child going back to school after a break off? Mine has been crying since Easter Break and it is breaking my heart!! It has been over 3 weeks everyday crying she is breaking me down and know i am keeping her home? What can or should i do

this is my second daughter and have alot of guilt because i am now a stay home Mom with her but cannot find the time to play and spent as I did my first child working full time and taking care of a drunk husband? It breaks my heart when she cries and i cannot take much more

mkohajda

Asked by mkohajda at 1:26 PM on May. 12, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Try getting to the bottom of WHY she's so upset. It could be that she just enjoyed the break & doesn't want to go back... or the timing could purely be a coincidence. Maybe something's going on at school you need to know about.

Let your drunk husband take care of himself. He's an adult... it's the kids that need you (double-time if he's a drunk --- don't mean to sound harsh, speaking from experience. My brother was a drunk).

G'luck
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:30 PM on May. 12, 2009

• They can file Truency on you & yes could go to jail.(at least in my state)
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 1:30 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I am sorry. It is so hard to see your kids sad. Have you talked to her teacher, though? Maybe something is going on at school and that is why she doesn't want to go back. How old is she?
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 1:32 PM on May. 12, 2009

• The last thing you want to do it give in and let her stay home!
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 1:45 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Get to the bottom of it. There is something bothering her. Either a teacher, another student, maybe someoe made fun of her, there could be alot of reasons on why she doesn't want to go. The last thing you want to do is give in to her. Don't feel guilty though. No matter how incredible a parent you are you will always feel some guilt for some reason or another. Hang in there it will be ok.
    214mommydearest

Answer by 214mommydearest at 1:55 PM on May. 12, 2009

• She knows she will break you down!! Tell her when you get home we can do something together watch a movie a special snack. Step up and dont let her run you, she knows she can get away with it. Have you talked to the teacher at all??
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 10:21 AM on May. 13, 2009

• If you keep her home it will just get harder and harder and harder to force her to go. You're going to have to put your foot down and force her to go. It might take awhile, but eventually she will get back into the hang of things. (Unfortunately it will probably be just in time for summer vacation.) I would also definitely talk to her teacher, see if her behavior in school has changed and see if the teacher has any ideas on how to make the transition easier for her.
    6IrishKiddos

Answer by 6IrishKiddos at 1:50 PM on May. 13, 2009

• find your ZEN right now! Keep saying to yourself:
    It may make her sad, but it's for the best. She'll be a better person for it.

Because she will . Unless something really bad is going down at school, you need to be firm and clear that school is a 5 day a week thing. Of course, check with the school. Talk to the teacher, school counselor, and principal to make sure. then tell her with confidence that she has to go to school.
    trishmused

Answer by trishmused at 3:53 PM on May. 13, 2009

• Talk to the teacher and school counselor and find out what is going on.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:44 PM on May. 13, 2009