Is it okay to continue to run 3 1/2 miles at 4weeks and 3 days pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you've been running all along and your doctor says you're healthy you should be more then fine. Infact the excersise is great for you.

I jogged every other day till I was 5 months pregnant and then I had to move to a brisk walking pace cause my stomach hurt with bouncy jogging steps. I was doing 5 to 10 miles a day right up till the day before I had my daughter.
    TabathaM

Answer by TabathaM at 1:33 PM on May. 12, 2009

• i agree with tabathaM. I actually had this convo with my dr. while i was pregnant. he said no bike riding or rollerskating or anything that could fall off of but running/walking was fine. you shouldnt start new physical activities but you can continue the ones you already do until it is uncomfortable for you.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 1:37 PM on May. 12, 2009

• If you were running before you got pregnant its fine but if your just starting out i wouldnt.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 1:42 PM on May. 12, 2009

• As long as you were running before your pregnancy your fine. You can continue to do any exercise that you did pre-pregnacy through out your pregnancy as long as they are considered "safe pregnancy exercises." For example you don't want to continue any contact sports or deep see diving but running is completely fine.
    Anonymous

• Edit-Sea not see above.

Good lord. You would never know I have an education with the way i've been typing today.
    Anonymous