baby names...

Every time I bring up possible baby names.. my mom or bestfriend has an opinion on it and usually not a good one... I'm thinking about keeping it to myself and they can find out after the baby's born who all kept their baby's name a secret and did you still get all the comments and opinions afterwards?

mizsaxton

Asked by mizsaxton at 1:31 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• tel them if theyhave a problem with the name YOU picked out for YOUR baby then tell them to go get a cat and name it whatever they want to. It's your kid, name him/her what ever name you love! Don't worry about there opinion. It sounds like they wont like any name you pick out anyway.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 1:39 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I didnt keep my sons name a secret but my son is 2 and i still get everyones comments and opinions so either way youll probably still hear what everyone thinks about it. Forget about them, they arent going to be the ones yelling the name 4,000 times a day when he turns two! =)

Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 1:34 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I personally don't think that you need anyone's approval for YOUR baby's name...key word...YOUR BABY! my family tried doing that to me and my husband and I didn't care, we like it so that's what we are naming our son, it's a pretty normal name I really didn't see an issue with it (Nathan Anthony), we've had it picked out since I was 2 months pregnant and people have asked us why that name, and we just say "because we love it!"!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 1:34 PM on May. 12, 2009

• My daughter was going to be Ashely which my mother was vehemently against (she claims every Ashely she's ever known was a brat). Mind you she wound up suggesting the name I settled on in the end.

I also named my daughter after my best friend but kept that a secret until she was born so it was a suprise for my friend.
    TabathaM

Answer by TabathaM at 1:38 PM on May. 12, 2009