give him a snack or not

my child did not eat his breakfast or his lunch. now when he wakes up from nap he is going to expect a snack. I feel like i should not give him any just make him wait for dinner. Is this mean. I want him to understand that we dont waste food. normaly we have breakfast around 830 lunch around 12 nap at 1 -230 or 3 and snack after he wakes up and dinner around 6.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• If he wants something give him sonething healthy. Otherwise if he don't then don't worry about he.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 1:39 PM on May. 12, 2009

• If my daughter 4 doesn't want to eat her regular meals I save them and reheat the next time she says she's hungry then she can have a snack. It works well she's found it's easier to just eat whats for breakfast AT breakfast then to have it waiting for you at lunch.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 1:40 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I don't find it mean. Im having to go through that with my little boy. Hes in this mommy i want something to eat, you fix it he doesn't want it. So Its up to you. If you think you can do it, go for it. He will learn sooner or later, if you don't think you can do it without feeling guilty then give him something healthy...

((but remember when its time for school, they have only one breakfast, one lunch & maybe one snack, at set times...It would be easier for him to learn that now, then go to school & have to learn.))
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 1:48 PM on May. 12, 2009

• give him something healthy, like a piece of whole grain toast or crackers with mashed avocado

Answer by rkoloms at 2:21 PM on May. 12, 2009

• i do the same as mizsaxton, my son is two.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 2:49 PM on May. 12, 2009

• as a child i was always wearing my mothers clothes and dresses and i have many pics to look back on now as i am older and with a step son and can laugh and see how cute I was

i dont think it is a problem obviously the mother didnt think it was one either. she was prob looking sweet in her mommy clothes trying to be like her mother.

the way youre depicting this is way out of context im assuming the little girl is covered up and dressed in the picture so what harm is done?

NicksAshALee

Answer by NicksAshALee at 3:16 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I always have healthy snacks ready for when he lets his cereal get soggy, or is busy playing,watching cartoons. I never deny him food. Baby carrots, apples,grapes...ect. If it's there he will eat it.
    BAADsMOM

Answer by BAADsMOM at 9:16 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I think its mean. I understand where you want to teach him not to waste but you don't know the reason he wasn't eating. Maybe his tummy was upset. Don't give you kid food issues. Offer him a healthy snack and move on with the day. Punishing a child with food is never bright.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on May. 13, 2009