Tanning

Has anyone or does anyone tan (indoors) while being pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Not indoors, but outside! Indoor tanning is cheating! LOL
    Get outside! Get in the sun!
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 1:40 PM on May. 12, 2009

• OK ITS COMMEN SENCE THAT YOU CAN'T TAN INDOORS WHILE YOUR PREGNANT!
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 1:41 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Why not? Some of my friends have tanned in tanning beds while pregnant and there babies were perfectly healthly. I was just asking if anyone has or hasn't. I wasn't looking for a smartass comment.
    Anonymous

• The UV rays from tanning beds is like cooking your baby.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:45 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I did a few times with my first my dr said it was OK. as long as you don't get too hot and ofcourse your skin is more sensitive so it's easier to burn and it can darken any weird skin pigmentation you might already have from pregnancy.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 1:46 PM on May. 12, 2009

• it's not like 'cooking your baby' good grief you guys!
    mizsaxton

• This is from a med web site..... "

The main reason that using a tanning bed or tanning booth is bad for you and your unborn baby is due to the level of heat your body reaches during the session. Think about how hot these sessions are and how uncomfortable they are for you at times, now imagine the affect that this would have on a developing baby. We all feel much better with a tan and there's no reason not to continue tanning while pregnant, however choosing lotions and oils rather than beds is much the safer option."

If you must tan while pregnant, for the safety of the unborn baby choose lotions or at least natural sun as your body will not generally reach as high of a temperature as it does when tanning in a bed.
    Good luck.
    Wildkitten82

Answer by Wildkitten82 at 1:49 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Tanning beds do not cook you from the inside out.
    Anonymous

• Ok well its your kid so if you want to risk it, go ahead
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 1:54 PM on May. 12, 2009

• i dont get why people freakout about other people tanning during pregnancy. my mother in law said it cooks the baby and that isnt true.. the only problem with tanning during pregnancy are the same as if u are not pregnant. the uv rays and ur skin. all my friends tan during pregnancy. and everyone that tanned has lessstretch marks and they glowed. me my self i am not going to tan just bc i just burn easy and being pregnant im already limeted to how i can lay and if im burned it makes it harder... lol. so to those of u that can tan without burning more power to you.
    audreybaby

Answer by audreybaby at 1:56 PM on May. 12, 2009