My Issues!

Hi, my kids father and I have recently gotten back together after a 8 month split. In that time I re-dedicated myself to God and thought I've changed. Well since we have been back together (4 months now), the things I though i've changed about myself I really haven't.... and to be honest I don't know how. He has been deceptive about things in the past and b/c of that I built up this wall towards him that I promised I would change. However, I still find myself checking his email, his phone records and just not trusting him (for no reason cause he is soo good to me right now). I am a beautiful strong woman, but I guess I never really accepted that fact that my insecurites infoltrate our relationship. Where do I go from here?

mommy2_twins

Asked by mommy2_twins at 1:45 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• Why are you blaming yourself for his deceitfulness? He's the one who broke your trust. Period. Trust is something earned and built up over time. You don't just decide to trust someone again. Especially someone that close. There is a part of you that still believes that he will deceive you again. That's not wrong, that's smart. Don't blame yourself. It's not an insecurity to not trust someone who has deceived you. It's normal. Now, to get past that, maybe y'all should consider couples counceling or something like that.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:48 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I think you should get into some counceling and couples counceling as well. I think it would help you and your relationship out. I wish all the luck and that you will have a life that you have always wanted. GL
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 1:50 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Thank you sooooo much.... and I agree with both you ladies! Thank you!
    mommy2_twins

Answer by mommy2_twins at 1:56 PM on May. 12, 2009