I'm wondering about how life is for you as army wives with children. How are you adjusting as well as your children? Would you rather live on post or off? What is your day to day living like? Is it feasible to be a stay at home mom? Any information helps...

Life as an army wife

chic_mom3

Asked by chic_mom3 at 1:46 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• I'm a Navy wife, and LOVE it so far. I get to stay home with my son. We live on base right now. My husband is still in school, so we have not yet experienced him being out to sea. We should be getting orders anytime and are hoping we get to stay where we are, if we do, then we are looking into buying a house. Do you have any specific questions about being a military wife?
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 1:55 PM on May. 12, 2009

• im an army wife, i love it so far, its not that bad, its hard at first but you get used to everything and its just like being at home with a regular job. works during the day sometimes at night but not usually for us. its pretty good, my dd is pretty good about everything, its easy to make friends and my dd makes alot of friends, just going to the park i meet other moms and she gets to play with the other kids. its nice, but everyone in a uniform is daddy hahaha, shes still young though lol. its cute. im a stay at home mom, so yeah its possible. and living on post is easier, because you dont pay anything no bills or anything but the cable and phone all the extras but that makes it easier...i have friends who live off post some of them say its better, but i dont know. i like living on post and everything is close. and its great for us. it takes a little bit to get used to everything but once you get used to it its pretty good..
    Anonymous

• I've been a Air Force wife for 16 years. I love it. But I also hate it. I highly recommend not living on base. Like living in a fishbowl.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:32 PM on May. 12, 2009