Do you teach your little boy to wipe his winky?

I do not go to the bathroom with men, so I don't know, but my husband swears men don't wipe after peeing. Is this true? Do you teach your little boy to wipe after peeing? Do dads teach their sons not to?

FelipesMom

Asked by FelipesMom at 1:53 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son doesnt' wipe, and why are ppl making a big deal over the penis winky thing? Why is it that every question/answer/post/ect I look at ppl fight over dumb shit? Is it really THAT important?
    ShannonLeigh02

Answer by ShannonLeigh02 at 6:10 PM on May. 12, 2009

• haha your husband is right men do not wipe their business after peeing.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 1:54 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Well it's a penis, not a winky, and yes at first we taught our son to wipe it. But now he shakes it like his daddy. He still sits down to pee though. Sometimes he stands up, but not usually.
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 1:56 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Actually it's whatever you want to call it. In our house we call it a winky. It can also be called "their business" (see above). I'm pretty sure it has some other names too. But thanks for correcting me - it was about as helpful (and polite) as me telling you "Well it's not a daddy, it's a father." Yeesh.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 1:59 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I just don't see the point in using "nick-names". Sorry if I offended you!! No harm meant!
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 2:01 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I don't have a son but I would feel weird referring to his little business as a penis for awhile. haha that's just me My daughters' business' is a danish term for it it just sounds nicer.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 2:04 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I have one little boy in my daycare that wipes his penis, and I think it's just plain silly!!! ~~ His mom does so many other things to make him "whimpy", that I swear this is just one more thing.
    Anonymous

• Please teach your children the proper names for body parts and bodily functions. What is a winky?

Answer by rkoloms at 2:16 PM on May. 12, 2009

• That's what I'm talking about! I guess I'm just a level-headed mom, and I don't get embarrassed to say the "real" names!!!
    Anonymous

• Who cares what you call it??? I'd rather him call it a winky than what his DADDY calls his! In our house, it's a "pee'r." I don't know who started that but his penis pees so it's a pee'r. And no, mine don't wipe it, they shake it off... But to each his own. I see no problem with wiping the winky. I hear TP is hard to come by in the men's room though. lol ;)

Felipe rocks!!
    nytefae

Answer by nytefae at 2:29 PM on May. 12, 2009