Slipping....

I have been having some serious issues with slipping. Recently I re-dedicated myself to the Lord yet today, I know my actions do nothing but draw me futher away from God and his will for my life. I don't go to church, I pray but I don't read my bible like I used too and now I feel such an overwhelming feeling of guilt and betrayl because he has given me a chance to have happiness with my family again (after our split) and I feel like i've taken that for granted. I am ashamed and truly hurt and don't know if i'm even ready or capable. I need your advice~

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• What exactly, do you feel guilty about? Not praying? Not attending church? Religion isn't about going to church - it's about how you live and breathe each moment of every day. What are you doing, in everyday life, that makes you feel you are going against your own beliefs? Put your finger on it - then DO something about it. You are the only one who can bring peace to your own heart - not church - not reading the bible. If you know you are doing right by yourself and your family, then peace will come to you. =)
    TortisShell

Answer by TortisShell at 10:22 AM on May. 14, 2009

• God doesn't want us to sit back and only read the Bible and pray. He wants us to put our selves in action. You sound like you are afraid of making mistakes. God doesn't make mistakes. Every thing we do is meant to happen. If he brought you to it he will see you through it.
    Anonymous

• Talk with God and share how you feel. He really wants a relationship with you. GB
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 2:23 PM on May. 12, 2009

• What is happening is the enemy is spewing condemnation over you to keep you suppressed and not moving forward. Condemnation binds Grace frees ! You need to get the message of His amazing Grace and get under it. I recommend Joseph Prince's book Destined to Reign!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:26 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I so know EXACTLY what you are saying. I could use some advice too. If you want a buddy to talk to that knows where you're at, send me a message.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:31 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Sounds like maybe you need to do some research and see if the religion you are practicing now is the one that is right for you. If you find it so hard to follow the beliefs and convictions of the religion you are in, you need to figure out if it just you having a "down" time or if you are in the wrong religion. I know many of us ladies on here had these same kinds of issues before we searched and founf the religion that was right for us (and yes I am one who had to do this).
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 2:35 PM on May. 12, 2009

• You need good Christian friends right now ,people that are going to hold you accountable to God.Once you have that support and by the way you can find the friends on here,there's lots of moms who would hold you up in prayer and encourage you, check out Christian groups for that,I'm here if you need me.But while you are working on your support,start praying and read your Bible everyday!Praying is the #1 way to get back with the Lord and just tell God you are sorry for slipping away from him and that you want to renew your relationship with him again,he will be very happy!I would read in your Bible the psalms because they talk about tough times and they give thankfulness to God.Also check out Phillipians,Ephesians,Romans,Galations,James,Hebrews and other new testament books to get a better understanding of how you are to act as a Christian.I learned in Galations the most on how to be a good Christian,Galations 5;16-26.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 2:46 PM on May. 12, 2009

• wow, satan has a hold on your thoughts, huh? Where do you think all that guilt and feelings of betrayal come from? Not from God. He forgave you. Cast all that negative crap to the base of the cross and get that burden off your back. Enjoy life. Enjoy what's been given. If not it just seems like you are spitting in the face of God for even giving it to you (oops, don't let that bring more guilt). Just say thank you to Him and get on with it.
    shrinkydink68

Answer by shrinkydink68 at 2:56 PM on May. 12, 2009

• OP - First I'm gonna say.. what u typed above, have this same conversation with God, just from your heart tell Him what you're feeling, if there's a sin issue in your life, ask for forgiveness and He will forgive you. He loves you and just wants a relationship with you. Just begin to talk to Him the way you would a father or a parent..that's praying.. just talking to Him. Next, begin to learn about Him and the love He has for you and that's in your bible. John is a good place to start. Also, surround yourself with other strong Christians.. look for a church you'd be comfortable in.

Hope this helps some.. feel free to PM and ask for prayer or ask questions etc. Praying for you.. God will here and answer and help. God Bless.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 2:59 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I think you are finding the path that is right for you. Church is a man-made creation and is not right for everyone. The bible is a book of mythology mixed with Jewish history and it is sometimes hard to tell the difference between truth and propaganda. It is flawed and unless you want to be confused, don't read it. Jesus boiled every law and commandment down to this, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you, and love your neighbor as you love yourself." Does anyone need any more? Not really. Find your own personal way of having god with you all the time, instead of only on Sundays.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 3:13 PM on May. 12, 2009