Does your son pee standing up?

If so, how old was he when he started standing up to pee? In my husband's country, boys are taught to pee standing up right from the start, but I don't see how to do it - Felipe only ever hits the potty if he's straddling it, which involves taking off his pants. (And even then he is still struggling a lot with how to aim with his hand!) Just wondering what other moms do, and how, and at what age.

FelipesMom

Asked by FelipesMom at 1:55 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• we potty trained the boys to pee standing up... so both around two...lol my 22m o old daughter started showing intrest in the potty several months ago.. she would say "I go pee pee potty" then lift up her shirt and try to hold her belly button and would stand there and wait for something to happen!!! She is mostly potty trained now, and sits of course.. but I thought it was soo cute.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 5:51 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I have a girl, but my BFF has a boy. He is 3 (birthday in January) and he stands up to pee. It took him until about a month ago to get it. He had serious aiming issues at first, but eventually he got it.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:58 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Yes, my son does. He was probably around 4 when he started peeing while standing, give or take a few months.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 2:01 PM on May. 12, 2009

• My two boys didn't stand up until they where four. They saw other boys stand so they felt unboy like lol. But I think that when he is comfortable enough to do it then he will.
    214mommydearest

Answer by 214mommydearest at 2:02 PM on May. 12, 2009

• This sounds strange, but to help with aim issues you can put some Cheerios in the toilet to have him try to sink them. The Cheerios float and are safe to flush.

mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 2:06 PM on May. 12, 2009

• The big boys learned sitting down.. Probably began standing about 2-4 weeks after we were accident free. Cheerios DO make great targets!
    nytefae

Answer by nytefae at 2:26 PM on May. 12, 2009

• My step son is 3 (march) and he just started using the potty about a month ago. though we bought him a urinal to use, he likes his potty. we tried with Cheerios but he didnt want to pee standing up bbut the Cheerios trick does work! They will do it and learn when they feel comfortable and want to. AT this age kids are very finnicky
    NicksAshALee

Answer by NicksAshALee at 3:02 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Yes my son does and learned to use the potty that way when he was 2 1/2 (he's 7 1/2 now). He never had a problem aiming. He stood on his step stool and just peed and that was it. He had more issues learning to do it sitting down then he did standing up.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:03 PM on May. 12, 2009

• when my boys first began potty training they sat for the first few times and after that, they stood up the whole time...I showed them how to do it and the only problem that I had was teaching them how to wipe the toilet after they were done...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 4:06 PM on May. 12, 2009

• My guy is 3.5 and still sits, he has no interest in standing at all. I'm interested in what others have to say because his preschool teacher is forever whining about him not standing to pee. Apparently she hasn't seen another boy who sits to pee in her 20+ years of teaching 3 year olds which I think is total BS.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 6:04 PM on May. 12, 2009