Has there ever been something small that a complete stranger has done for you or said to you, that really touched your heart?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I used to work at a nursery and at Christmas time we sold fresh cut tress. Well two days before Christmas one year it was very cold and a mom and her two children came to pick out a tree. I was out there helping, we got her rang up, and the tree loaded in her car. The next thing I knew there she was with hot chocolate from Starbucks for everyone. It was probably the nicest thing a stranger has ever done for e. I will never forget that.
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 2:13 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Yes, and it is a wonderful thing and I hope I am able to do the same for others as well. There are not enough people that go out of their way to make others feel good or to encourage others, we need more of that, regardless if we know one another or not.
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 2:15 PM on May. 12, 2009

• i was at the commissary on a REALLY bad day, and the kids screamed all through the store, i got to the checkout after two hours of screaming kids and fighting back tears and trying to be strong and not break down and when i got to the part where we were at the checkout unloading this woman walked up to me and helped with the kids as i was trying to rush out of there. she was amazing. she gave me a hug afterwards and all i could say was thank you but if i had a do over i would have paid part of her groceries or all so that she could have a little of the help that she made me feel like i got without asking. if she is on here i really want to say thank you and you were one of the most wonderful people that i have met.
    katie_s1

Answer by katie_s1 at 2:15 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I was at the gas station, years ago, waiting for the pump to fill up my tank. I was in the drivers seat, looking down at my checkbook, and this guy in the next car over asked me if I was ok. He said I looked down. He was just really nice and sincere and really acted like he cared about whether or not I was ok. I had been feeling down previously due to a breakup and that totally redeemed men in my eyes.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:27 PM on May. 12, 2009

• The Monday that started this month my husband and I went car shopping. I have really been wanting a car for the past two years, so I was sooo happy we were finally looking. Turns out I was more serious than he was and we came home empty handed. I was really upset.

Last Monday I was shopping at Wal-Mart and true to my form when I went to pay I had misplaced my check card of course I didn't know I had until the cahier had already rang up my things. I told her to put them to the side I would walk to the end of the checkout lane find it and come back.

Well a lady from another check out lane called me back and paid for my things. I was shocked and didn't really know what to do because this has never happened to me before so I hugged her and said thank you and left. I didn't ask for her name or anything, now I fell like I should have.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 2:29 PM on May. 12, 2009

• When my kids were little, and we were really broke, I was short on cash at the grocery store so i put the toilet paper back. She was in the next lane over and walked over to me and handed me a $10 bill.....It felt like 100 bucks at the moment. Of course, I told her that I couldn't take her money, but she said that someone once did the same thing for her and she insisted!
    I have probably done the same thing at least 4 or 5 times since then, whenever I see someone truly in need and it feels so great to know that I can repay the kindness that was shown to me.
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 2:36 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I had to take my granny to the rheumatologist one day, and I had both my girls with me. (Three and a half and ten months, at the time.) It always takes a long time at that doctor's office, and naturally the girls were being little boogers. I finally (with a lot of teeth-gritting) got Avis settled down on my lap, and Maya beside me to read a book I'd brought along. There were several other people in the waiting room, including an elderly lady who was sitting by herself. She walked over to the couch the girls and I were sitting on and asked "May I?" while gesturing toward the empty seat on the other side of Maya. I smiled and told her "Of course." She sat with the three of us while I read "If you give a Mouse a Cookie." After the story was over, I was about to introduce myself when her name was called to go back to see the doctor. She smiled at me and told me that it was so nice to see such a good mommy!
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 2:38 PM on May. 12, 2009

• This week my mom bought a new AC unit & got new ducking in her house-new everything. Her old AC unit works & is in good condition only 5yrs old (it was just to small for her house).... She could have sold it for $500 to a stranger, but instead she told me to ask DH family if anyone needed it....

DH step-grandpa's cousin is a older guy, has diabetes, going blind & him & his family have been living with window units for yrs b/c they cant afford a unit.. so my mom gave them hers... This family is VERY excited! I am so happy for them!

We live in SE Texas I couldnt imagine living with a few window units here!
    Anonymous

• i was stranded in an unfamilar town, and a nice stranger bought me tea at a cafe, gave me $20 for gas and detailed directions to the highway, so I could be on my way! he gave me his address and phone number so we could keep in touch (we met at a pagan festival earlier that day) but I misplaced it.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:06 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I think it would be now. My son's play baseball and we recently met a parent whose children play in the same team. We've only known them for about 2 months and they know that we are expecting and struggling because we have nothing for our baby. Well the mom works at a thrift store and she has been putting aside baby clothes for the baby and brought us a big bag of clothes for our new son. i feel really blessed. She doesn't know us that well or that long but she has gone out of her way to try to help with what she can, so I am grateful for her.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 4:12 PM on May. 12, 2009