Steam mops

What kind of steam mop do you have? What are the pros and cons? What type of floors do you have?

legalmommy101

Asked by legalmommy101 at 2:10 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Home & Garden

• We have laminate hardwood floors and just bought a Shark steam mop. Love it! Only con really is that you have to refill the water after almost every room because the container is kind of small, but it's actually less of a hassel than replacing the pad on the Swiffer Wet Jet. But I'm not complaining I love that thing! My favorite thing about it is that it's just water and it cleans and dries QUICK...my son crawls all over the floors so I don't have to worry about any chemicals.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:10 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I was looking into that one. I can't find a place that has a lot of reviews for that one though. I also have the swiffer wet jet and it's a pain in the ass.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 3:28 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I was thinking of buying a steam mop to clean my floors. We have laminate floors and they are really dirty because they have never been replaced. No matter how much I scrub or mop, it is just not coming clean. I was considering the Hans or the Shark steam mop. So do you think the Shark Steam Mop will get my old dirty floor clean or is it best to just replace it?
    Anonymous

• I've got the shark too.

We've got wood, tile, and laminate floors (not one stitch of carpet) so it's been very useful.

What's nice about it, is I can mop the floor while my toddler is running around because it dries quickly, and it's just water - no toxic chemicals she might randomly decide to lick up.

mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 8:46 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I have the shark, too. I love it for the reasons already stated. Its also cheaper in the long run, because the pads are machine washable. There is nothing extra to buy and there isn't the added waist of those giant maxi pads and batteries.
    momandvet

Answer by momandvet at 1:18 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Go to amazon.com and type in steam vac. Then read all the reviews for the different types. I have done that so many times for a lot of products I wanted to try. Usually there are a ton of reviews for most products.
    brancoj

Answer by brancoj at 1:33 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I have one. It really is great after a party . The germs are lifted away. But honestly I never use it for everyday.I
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on May. 13, 2009

• My mom has one, and she loves it. She says its nice b/c you dont need any cleaner for it. She has vynle/lenoleoum?? floors.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 3:49 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I heard Eureka is good too. That is the one I am getting. I have laminate and tile flooring. Amazon has this reviewer that has tried them all and like the Eureka one better.
    tinaandavasmom

Answer by tinaandavasmom at 9:03 AM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I have the Bissell Steam Mop and I love it. We have really old laminate flooring and it doesnt come completely clean but sure made a world of difference between then and now. Had the Shark Steam Mop and that one was to me a piece of crap
    hislove4me

Answer by hislove4me at 5:52 PM on Jul. 5, 2010